Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently had a collision with a bird who unfortunately flew into my front fog light moving the unit further back. The dealer informs me that I will probably need a new unit, but for them to access this they will need to remove the front bumper, which in my opinion seems rather drastic.
The hand book shows accessing the until by removing the silver trim around the fog lamp. The handbook states that it can be removed using a sharp tug with your finger, but I have found this to be impossible. Iwould appreciate a further opinion on this matter if anyone has encountered a similar problem, or has knowledge of this action. Thanks.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I suspect the owner's manual is referring to bulb replacement, not removal of the whole light !! Personally, I'd leave it if it still worked, but I suspect they probably need to remove the bumper cover - I think it's easier than it looks. I got rear-ended at a stop light a few years ago at maybe 2 MPH and the cover just popped off !! Snapped it back on and away we go !! Craig

·
Registered
55 Posts
You could look under the front bumper and take a peek through one of the holes and see what kind of damage is there. If it is just a bracket, im sure you can buy just the bracket and DIY.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
This is a comprehensive insurance claim. Depending on your deductible and the cost, it might be worthwhile but I wouldn't do it (adjuster for 31+ years.)

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is a plastic tool to remove the silver trim around the fog lamp (refer to you tube video) after that you can remove the lamp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts