Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, looking to buy a 2015 CRV AWD and interested in any feedback on vehicle issues / things to watch out for. All responses are appreciated.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,914 Posts
There were some vibration issues with the 2015 which Honda addressed with a TSB. Other than that they have been very good vehicles.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Here's link to NHTSA info on this vehicle. Scroll down a few pages to see links to 480 Complaints, 2 Recalls, 1 Investigation and 124 Manufacturer Communications. The TSB's are found under the Communications. Click the "+" button for each communication to see more detail.

Don't be scared off by this as it's not uncommon to see such a record, regardless of vehicle make.

·
Read Only
41 Posts
Their is nothing to worry about when buying a 15 or 16. We have 2 15 AWD EX both bought used with under 15k miles and have had no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
We have a 2015 EX-L and it has been great so far.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Bought a 2014 CRV for my wife (which is same as 2015 but with normal transmission) and only complaint is its very weak factory halogen headlights. Yes. Very weak for dark country roads.

For it, we simply:
  • Installed LED bulbs in its Low / High Beams sockets. This dramatically improved its low beams and high beams (for distance) lighting but its High Beam "short distance" still sucked. To solve high beam "short range" poor lighting problem, we simply converted its FOG lights to LEDs and put on a separate fuse / separate manual switch. Thus, we can use FOG lights with both LOW and High Beams usage.
  • For more details, surf: https://www.crvownersclub.com/threads/fog-light-mod-simple-version.198119/

If I bought 2015 CRV, I'd apply the same upgrade to it as well.

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,914 Posts
Bought a 2014 CRV for my wife (which is same as 2015 but with normal transmission)
They aren’t the same at all. You did get right the fact that the transmission are different, however, 2015 was a refresh, so they do look different. Also, the engine in the 2015 is direct injection while the 2012-2014 have port injection.

Reactions: prism8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts