Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife had a 2013 CRV and we "upgraded" to the 2015 EX. We had an XM dock & play radio that we had connected in the old one using the Aux jack, but since the eliminated the Aux jack in the 2015 models, the only way to connect it is by using the FM channels.

There problem with using a FM channel is that when we travel, we are constantly trying to search to find a channel that works. At that point it's too much of a pain and we end up channel surfing through the local FM channels and do not listen to the XM.

I talked to folks from XM and then from Crutchfield about it. Crutchfield tech support pointed me toward the FM Direct Adapter and said that this will allow us to keep it only on 1 FM channel and it will always be XM radio, no matter where we go.

I got the FM Direct Adapter from XM and also got the Metra adapters (40-HD31 maybe?) to connect the XM adapter to the antenna. Now I have to figure out how to pull the radio enough to get it connected. I can take it to a Best Buy or local stereo shop and they will probably charge me $40-50 to install it, but figured I would save the money and do it myself.

I've tried to search the internet for any videos and the only one I can find that's close is this one ( youtube .com/watch?v=E2Rq8caKNRI ) (can't post a link yet so put in the w's before the youtube, but I don't believe this is the same one as my wife's. I'm thinking the one in the video is a 2014?

Has anyone else done this? I don't want to start prying off trim and break something

·
Registered
12 Posts
the only way to connect it is by using the FM channels.
If you don't have success with that route, try using a Bluetooth adapter instead of a FM adapter.
This one below says it will charge via USB while playing via Bluetooth at the same time. Others I saw do not support simultaneous charge and play -- so be careful to get one that does.
Guessing you could leave this plugged into your console USB port with the AUX wire snaked in somehow...
I do NOT have this device. Good luck either way!

$21.99 for Bluetooth 4.0 Transmitter TaoTronics Wireless 3.5mm Adapter Dongle
http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Transmitter-TaoTronics-Wireless-High-Fidelity/dp/B00GKEAQ2M

1 - 2 of 2 Posts