Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2015 CRV Touring AWD Certified with 43K on it back in June. I noticed the slight intermittent vibration at idle and contacted the local Honda dealer in Cleveland Heights to schedule an appointment to execute the fix. When I took the car in for an oil change and a scheduled TSB fix they declined to fix it noting that Honda had not issued an extension on the OEM Warranty to execute the fix. I wanted to ask for advice on how to get this resolved; I am surprised that the certified cars are not covered and if Honda doesn't fix the problem indicated under certified warranty then it is highly problematic.

Any advice based on other people's experience and advice on next steps?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I filed a case with Honda. A person who claimed to be Honda case manager gave a well rehearsed speech how this TSB was covered under original warranty but not under certified. Now I have had a certified Toyota 4Runner for which Toyota picked up the tab for a TSB that cost almost $2000 to fix a upper timing cover leak.
Secondly, this Honda rep claimed that the TSB is only applicable to certain VIN numbers but I could not find anything in the TSB write up that indicates a VIN number range. She certainly convinced me that paying for Honda certification is not a good idea.

If there is no one on this forum that has encountered this issue or has insight is there a different forum for Honda CRVs where I may get some advice?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts