Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the fourth Honda we have purchased in about 5 years. Given my experience since purchasing in early July, it might be the last Honda.

First, the hands free phone voice commands do not work with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4. It works with my wife's Galaxy (different) but not mine. It took way too many hours at the dealer and on the phone with Honda to figure this out. Now, I must wait for a phone update? The phone is as old as this model, it does not make sense.

Some bad programming. First, one would really think that the search would start with the speed dial list, not the phone book. According to one Honda tech on tech on the 800 number, it searches the phone book first. Thus, asking the file to dial home brings up a list of about 200 possiblities (all the contacts who have a home phone). Our 2012 CRV EX-L works a lot better.

Second, the map is way out of date. The navigation system is useless. I was in a town that has had roads long before Honda was introduced in America and before consumers had access to GPS. Yet today, it told me to turn on an unnamed road. This road has been there for probably 70+ years or more. Yet, it was unnamed? This has happened repeatedly, including the street I live on that was on the map in 1989.

I go to a lot of nature preserves and state parks, they are not listed. I cannot search for them (I end up with a suggestion 3 states away). I cannot send their location from Google maps. Entering gps coordinates is a pain.

Basically, my phone is better for dialing and GPS than the Honda system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all, included the HONDA reading STAFF. Is anybody thinking or dreaming to install different navigation system on the 7'' Mitsubishi radio what is installed on 2015 CR-V. Looking for some help how to do this.
In my knowledge it will be not easy, especially if the manufacturer and Honda make commitment to keep all important informations in top secret. Google for Mitsubishi NR-244UR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts