Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently bought a new CRV Touring. And am having trouble entering voice commands for navigation. Does navigation work with only voice commands? I tried entering an address but always see the directions option disabled on the navigation. How can I get this to work? And when I press talk button nothing seems to happen. My phone has been paired and I have no trouble playing songs but having hard time figuring out how to get this navigation to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Since my navigation isn't working, I don't feel quite comfortable driving to new places and this is frustrating me.

Thank you.

·
Registered
516 Posts
It appears that only when stopped and in park can you enter data into the Navi. My 2013 CR-V Ex-L with Navi is that way.

That is why I use my Android Phone for directions - the Honda Navi is a waste of Money and Time. the passenger cannot enter anything while the vehicle is in drive.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have some complaints about the NAV system... but I own it, so I try to make the best of it.
I don't like that my passenger can't operate the NAV for me while in motion.
The Voice Commands do some things while in motion, but I find it frustrating...
Speaking one-letter-at-a-time is way too slow and is usually compromised by someone else in the car speaking up about some other topic, or just traffic background noise, and I have to start over.
The voice vocabulary (command list) is different than on other nav devices like garmin or smartphones, so I have trouble remembering them.
But, I have found that it is quick and easy to usually use the touch screen, and set up NAV before I start out.
So, while it isn't the best, it is not an issue worth complaining about (except to other CRV owner's who can appreciate the annoyances)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts