Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm... going to take this to the dealer to see what's up. Not good. I see only a few similar posts here on this issue. Looks like more than just the sunroof having been left open. I checked and the one drain hole I can see does not appear to be plugged. Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just found this and wondering if you got a resolution for this... Suddenly the ceiling of my 2012 CR-V is stained all over, including some that look very similar to this. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong with the vehicle; I'm curious what the explanation was for yours.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,649 Posts
If your V has a little antenna on the roof (or just the blank cover plate like our '06) it could be leaking.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi. We ended up not taking it to the dealer thinking our absent minded teen might have left the sunroof open (notwithstanding all denials). I was able to clean up the stain and the leak has not recurred. So at best this is inconclusive...

·
Registered
18 Posts
If it happens again I would have them water test the antenna at the back. I had a '12 prior to my '15 and the antenna was not flush for whatever reason. My whole roof was stained including the sides. Honda replaced my headliner twice before they figured it out. Also, I would suggest checking to make sure the sunroof drains are clear if you park your CR-V outside. The debris can get into it and cause the water to back up and stain the headliner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm just wondering what did you use to clean up the water stain? I recently had a little sunroof leak from being negligent and not closing it all the way before washing my car. Hopefully it doesn't stain but i won't know until it dries.

Thank you in advance :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts