Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother bought a cr-v after talking her into it. I think it the LX. But anyway I noticed in the Handbook it does not tell you when to change oil but you should change it when the oil life gets low in the car. Also can i change the spark plugs? Or will i have to have the dealer change them when it gets to that point, because i couldnt even find the spark plugs. When do the SPark plugs need to be changed on top of oil changes? What about fuel filter? And does the tires really need to be filled back up with Hydrogen?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Use the mileage minder to tell you when to change the oil. Mine generally goes on around 5k miles. No tune-up needed for 100k miles.

·
Registered
859 Posts
As hydrogen is an explosive gas; it would be a really bad idea to put in in tires. You may be referring to nitrogen, which in the tire context is pretty much a dealer scam to separate people from their money. Regular old air is 78% nitrogen - just use that.

The fuel filter isn't a maintenance item - it's designed to last the life of the vehicle and is buried in the fuel tank with the fuel pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hydrogen? Can't believe I said that. I know better than that. What about the cabin air filter? The engine filter is very easy to access. Or is it one filter?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Cabin air filter is about the easiest item to change, at least on a '13 model anyway.
Plenty of how-to videos in the INTERIOR section of the forum and Maintenance section too on most of the regularly needed things one must do to maintain these cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for all the great info. Am I screwed with spark plugs? After signing the car over the sales guy gave us a beer. I bet you guys didn't get a beer with your crv

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I think the spark plugs are on the top center of the engine under the plastic covers. My 2000 has them easy to get to and I think the new engines are similar in layout except now they have a lot of plastic covers on them to make them look pretty.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
You shouldn't have to worry about the spark plugs for at least 100k miles.

No, we didn't get offered a beer, but they did offer us lunch as we were there most of the day buying two cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts