Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a year and a half old EX and I've noticed before small amounts of moisture in the headlamps and didn't pay attention to it. However, when I got home today I had the following looking back at my from my left headlight, all on the inside. How much is normal/acceptable? It was about -15C at the time, and that was pretty much all ice on the inside.

Attachments

·
Banned
806 Posts
The car my wife drives had a similar issue. Hers wasn't as bad as what I see in your picture. I pulled the headlamp completely out of the car. Thru it in the oven on the absolute lowest setting (170 degrees), and left it in there until the moisture disappeared. I don't recall but I may have left it in longer to where the silicone heated up and I was able to pull the face (clear front) off of the body. I had suspected this was my issue. I then reapplied a new bead of black silicone and put it all back together. Haven't had an issue since, and that has been 3 or more years. You may have something as simple as having a spider that is clogging up the vent tube. Link below may give you some ideas to look at.

http://knowhow.napaonline.com/headlight-condensation-how-to-fix-foggy-night-vision/

As far as normal or acceptable, there should be no condensation. If it is still under warranty, make it easy and have the dealer replace the headlamp.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the next day after a decent drive in -10C. Still ice on the inside. I'll get in contact with the Honda dealer and report on what they say in case someone has the same circumstances.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,348 Posts
This is the next day after a decent drive in -10C. Still ice on the inside. I'll get in contact with the Honda dealer and report on what they say in case someone has the same circumstances.
Warranty replacement seems logical.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,193 Posts
If there is no warranty, you may just get away with removing the headlamp assembly and applying new sealer. (I use windshield sealer, it's 'flowable' and dries clear.)

When you look at the assembly, make sure there is a vent and that it is not blocked. These headlamps are NOT sealed totally, they do need a vent to equalize inside & outside pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts