Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Longtime browser, rare poster...

I cannot get text messaging to work with my CR-V (2015 AWD EX). Bluetooth is connected, and phone calls work with no problems. I have the necessary features turned on. However, I never get notifications of incoming messages.

Oddly, I do occasionally get a notification for outgoing text messages I've sent as I'm starting up the car. I get the expected options to respond, have the message read, etc. This is only for outgoing texts, though, and is not consistent.

I am using the default Android texting app, and am not rooted or anything, pretty much stock. I do have phone encryption turned on. I tried testing this in safe mode a couple of months ago (i.e. no apps active) and still got nothing.

Anyone else with this phone/car combo having problems? I've accepted I am not going to get Hondalink or Android Auto, but this would be a really nice feature to have actually work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bluetooth seems very hit or miss on these radios. It works sometimes across 3 different phone types, iOs, Android and Windows Phone, in my 2015 EX.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts