Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2015 Honda EX-L 2WD last week. I'm the only driver, and I adjusted the driver-side seat to my liking, which is reclined back some so that I'm not sitting bolt upright with the headrest digging into my head. However, seemingly at random, I'll get in the car and the seat has adjusted itself back to the 'default' position!

Since it's an EX-L it doesn't have the 2-person memory settings. As I understand the driver's seat should just be 'set and forget', right? Is there some sort of 'return to default settings' button that I'm accidentally hitting?

My friend, by the way, thinks I'm simply crazy, but it is very obvious to me when the seat is in the default setting, as it is super uncomfortable to me. But this is an intermittent problem, I'd say it happens maybe one in 4 times that I go into the car.

Any thoughts on what's wrong here?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
My '15 Ex-L 2WD seat does not move on its own as some here describe theirs do. It stays put.
My seat position is as I like it and the headrest is perfect.

Does anyone really take the car for a test drive before buying?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
My '15 Ex-L 2WD seat does not move on its own as some here describe theirs do. It stays put.
My seat position is as I like it and the headrest is perfect.

Does anyone really take the car for a test drive before buying?
Curious as how that pertains to the seat issue in this thread?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Curious as how that pertains to the seat issue in this thread?
In regards to the seat position and headrest being bothersome to some drivers.

About the 'seat moving on its own' complaint.......apparently you have not given your Honda service department a chance to check out the issue. The seat should not move unless you push the buttons. The touring models have the 2 driver memory positions, but none of the other models. I don't have any problems with moving. It stays put unless I push the buttons.

If you do I would like to read your report after having been to your service department. Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2016 EX repositions the seat back to an upright position randomly. Weird. Haven't taken it back to the dealer yet, it's only 2 months old. It is not equipped with a memory seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have same issue with my 2016 EX-L. Took it to dealer - they couldn't duplicate. Randomly returns to default upright position. Anyone have any luck getting it corrected?

·
Registered
98 Posts
OMG, I'm so glad to see this thread. My '16 EX-L is only a couple weeks old with about 300 miles on it, and I noticed the other day when I got in the vehicle that the seat was closer in than I had set it. I could tell right away because my knee was hitting the bottom of the dashboard, and I knew I hadn't set it like that. So I'm NOT crazy!

·
Registered
714 Posts
This happens with my 2016 CR-V Touring if I have both keyfobs #1 and #2 with me. If I leave keyfob #2 at home, it doesn't happen.

·
Registered
776 Posts
For those of us with manual seats, I've noticed that my driver's seat keeps "sinking" albeit slowly !! Pump it back up and it starts the progression all over again !! I finally realized that getting in and out of the car one's thigh passes right over the top of the "pump handle" !! When the seat compresses on exit and entry, your thigh pushes the handle down causing a slight lowering of the seat - annoying to be sure. Craig

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife and I purchased a 2016 CRV EX-L last month. The driver seat has self adjusted at least three times already. Mentioned this to the dealership but something funny happened. Nobody had ever heard of anything like this happening even though according to owner reports this has been going on for years. My biggest concern is if this were to happen while the vehicle was in motion. I guess I have to point them toward their own CRVOC page.

·
Registered
2 Posts
POLTERGEIST POWER SEAT

4/15/2017 - I leased a 2016 CRV last may and am having the same issue. Just went to have this taken care of at the HONDA Dealership where I leased the car and was patronized by the employees. Got asked where I placed my pocketbook and if I could be moving the "switches" / controls by accident. The power seat has moved back to its default position a couple of times when I step into the car, but also while I am driving, and it pushes me against the steering wheel.

Honda told me that they could not fix what was not broken, and I was dismissed. When I complained up the chain, they said they would reach out to "corporate" to see if they could do something about this.

This is a safety issue, it could cause an accident. I was patronized by the employee and supervisor who asked me what I wanted done, until I told them I am a mechanical engineer. I said, change the electronic components or the seat. It is probably a faulty control setting...., well, they asked!!!

So I too have a poltergeist power seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
4/15/2017 - the dealership told me the same, that there was nothing on their records of this happening to anyone. However, I told them about this forum and that this problem with the seat has been addressed as the Poltergeist Seat by other CRV owners who have had the same experience with their power seats.

They dismissed me, but said they would contact corporate to see how to deal with my complaint since they could not fix what was not broken, meaning that while my vehicle was in the shop, they could not replicate the problem.

Yep, great service, Honda.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem and was tole the same thing. I referred my dealer to this web site to show other people are having the same problem. My dealer is having Honda review the case. I hope they will do something about it! 2016 Honda CRV touring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2016 EX repositions the seat back to an upright position randomly. Weird. Haven't taken it back to the dealer yet, it's only 2 months old. It is not equipped with a memory seat.
I have the same issue with my 2016 CR-V. My seat has actually adjusted while I was sitting in the seat. I have an appointment with the dealer next week. I've also contacted Honda Customer Care and filed a case with them. In addition to contacting Honda, I have also filed a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Hoping this issue will get some attention and traction towards a resolution. This is a huge safety concern! I recommend everyone on the forum and with this issue proceed with contacting Honda Customer Care and NHTSA to file a complaint.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also having this problem with a 2016 EX-L that i bought a few months ago. My husband thinks I am crazy BUT I think i figured it out this morning! I think it does this only when I start the engine (foot on the brake and press the ignition button) while the driver's side door is open. Almost like it thinks the door is open so she MUST want to put something in the back seat... i'll move it up to give better access. Super annoying! I have not had it happen while driving- if that happens, then my theory is blown. For now, I plan to adjust my habits and only start the car when the driver's door is closed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts