Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2015 EX-L for a little over a week now and I am finding a few things very disappointing. We all know that we can not have active HDMI inputs while in Drive but now I have discovered that I do not even have Navi. At least I do not think I have it. Did I miss something along the way? Does the 2015 EX-L come with Navi? If not how does one get it? My owners manual shows all sort of pictures on how to use it but where is it? All I see is what is shown below.

The irony in all of this is without Navi and with the lock out on my video HDMI hook up while not in park, I am left to be more distracted reaching over and using my Ipad and Iphone for navigation. I find this far more unsafe than having navigation on the screen that is right in front of me, but I digress.

Do I have Navi or not? IOf not how do I get it? Any help would be appreciated even if you jsut want to chastise me for buying a Honda CR-V without fully understandign what I was getting. Believe me, evertime I get in the vehicle I wonder why I bought it.

IMG_0012.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
Did I buy a vehicle with Nav, or did I buy one without Nav? :eek::eek: Comedy Central, are you listening?

And some of us are wondering why 2015 CRV's are still sold. Now we know. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
hahaha how do you buy a $28,000+ vehicle and not know if it has nav or not? I guess you should have done your research....just get a Garmin from Best Buy.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Yep, Garmin is good, and sits very nicely in that little cave Honda calls the I-Mid screen. Works well for me!

·
Registered
71 Posts
a bit off topic but it was mentioned in 1st post.....Any update on a way to get the HDMI display working when in MOTION? Surely there are some computer guru's out there who can figure this out ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not sure, but I think you need to buy a Honda app and together with your HDMI cable you can use your navigation with apple products while in motion. All other inputs from the HDMI will not work while in motion.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Garmin is hard to beat and fits in nicely in the iMid area! You saved a lot of money NOT buying it Navi equipped! Enjoy you new wheels, it's a great ride!

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is already an imperfect solution to enabling HDMI input while driving posted elsewhere in this forum, under the HDMI heading. It resets every time the car shuts off but it's not such a bother to re-enable. Also, if you have a compatible android phone with bluetooth and a usb cable, Mirrorlink with Sygic Navigation is a pretty good solution for getting interactive navigation on the in-dash screen (again setup is covered elsewhere in this forum).

·
Registered
252 Posts
Personally, I'd take a 3rd party TomTom like device over the majority of built-in nav options. The nav GUI in most cars stinks and the cost to update is outrageous. Not to mention it should be a standard item (or at least base model option) in the first place...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts