Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 EX-L appears to have an auto-dimming rear view mirror. There are three wires (red, black, and brown) in the wiring harness behind the mirror. I checked the amps using a multimeter but couldn't get a reading. Is there any reason why this isn't a good power source? Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
89 Posts
For what use?

If there’s power there all the time, the mirror would be such a small load that the wiring wouldn’t be able handle much of anything in addition to the mirror.

·
Registered
42 Posts
For what use?

If there’s power there all the time, the mirror would be such a small load that the wiring wouldn’t be able handle much of anything in addition to the mirror.
I have a mirror tap hooked up to my electric mirror in the Touring CRV.
I can run out to the car later to look at the wire color if needed (if EXL and Touring are the same).

·
Registered
42 Posts
I believe the correct wires to use are: red wire power and black wire ground.
6 pin white plug (1-Red, 2-Yellow, 3 Green, 4 - empty, 5 - Black, 6 - empty) I could see in my old photo that I reviewed on my phone yesterday.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My 2015 EX-L appears to have an auto-dimming rear view mirror. There are three wires (red, black, and brown) in the wiring harness behind the mirror. I checked the amps using a multimeter but couldn't get a reading. Is there any reason why this isn't a good power source? Any thoughts or suggestions?
Hello,

You can use the wires at the Individual Map Lights.

Terminal No. 3, ORN is B+ when the ignition switch is ON and is supplied by Fuse A28, 7.5A in the Under Hood Fuse Box via the Interior Light Cut Relay. Terminal No. 2, BLK is a constant ground (G501).

Good luck!

SmartSelect_20191213-221948_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
That's an excellent idea - thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts