Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. New kid on the block. Thanks for all the great info I've already gotten from the forum! Sorry if this has already been posted...
I entered the diagnostic mode in my new EX-L (no navi) and discovered a useful item: a speaker test function. After entering the diagnostic mode (to recap, be on any screen other than the HOME screen, simultaneously press POWER + EJECT + HOME) you'll get a screen with two boxes, the top one labeled "Self-Diagnosis Mode" and the lower box labeled "Detail Information & Setting." Press on the lower box. Next, a screen with ten labeled boxes appears. The middle box on the left is labeled "Audio Check." Press on it and you'll get a new screen with two boxes, the left one labeled "ANC Check" and the right box labeled "Speaker Check." Press on "Speaker Check" and a steady loud tone will come from your speaker(s) and two boxes labeled "Up" and "Down" appear on a new screen. When you push the Up or Down box, the tone comes from a different speaker(s): ALL (all speakers simultaneously), FL (front left), FR (front right), FLT (front left tweeter), FRT (front right tweeter), RL (rear left), RR (rear right), SUB (the subwoofer). It's a great way to verify that yes, the subwoofer IS working, it's just a pathetic piece of s**t.
Hope you find this useful.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Great tip! Thanks!

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Subwoofer. Such a joke. It really effectively does NOTHING. You could put a banana under the passenger seat, save $$$ and have the exact same effect.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'll have to try that! :) Seriously though I'd love to find a replacement as a cheap fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts