Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The a/c functions OK except that when Max A/C button is engaged there is no increase in the speed of the blower.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I checked the Owners Manual for my 2014 and the description of the Max A/C button is:
Turns on the A/C, selects airflow
from the dashboard vents, and
switches the mode to recirculation.
Nothing about increasing the fan speed, which is a separate control.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I've never owned a vehicle that selecting "max a/c" changed the fan/blower speed. Does selecting HI fan speed work?......if so, you are good.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
Econ off makes a difference in AC performance. Setting to automatic helps a little as well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never owned a vehicle that selecting "max a/c" changed the fan/blower speed. Does selecting HI fan speed work?......if so, you are good.
Funny you should say that because every car I've owned including my current Mustang (2012) when on Max a/c blows at a higher speed.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I'm just stating my a/c experience which is the same as post #2 and the 2014 Honda manual. Basically, max a/c is recirculate.......air is taken in from the cabin and passed thru the evap (recirculated). Max a/c, or max cooling, is simply recirculated cabin air. Fan speed can be set to low, but the system can still be in max (recirculate).

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
Funny you should say that because every car I've owned including my current Mustang (2012) when on Max a/c blows at a higher speed.
What matters here is what do Hondas do. :)

For Hondas...check the actual blower setting display. MAX simply changes from external air to internal air recirculation (and may or may not increment the blower setting too when in Auto .... unless it is already at MAX) ..... which sounds louder as a result.. but does not actually represent a higher fan setting.

As already noted by someone else ... ECO will degrade AC settings.. but mostly with respect to the compressor I believe.

Auto is the way to go with newer Hondas... as the car does all the work of monitoring and calculating what is needed... including switching in and out of MAX (which again... simply changes the source of the air).

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Wondering what “ECO” mode changes regarding a/c? I see no change in vent temp whether in “ECO” or not.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
The Owners Manual for my 2014 CR-V doesn't have any details, it only says:

The ECON button turns the ECON mode on
and off.
The ECON mode helps you improve your fuel
economy by adjusting the performance of the
engine, transmission, air conditioning system,
and cruise control.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
One of life’s mysteries........how “ECO” mode changes a/c.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
One of life’s mysteries........how “ECO” mode changes a/c.

Honda's ECON mode is – as you might expect – a sophisticated answer to a relatively simple question. Here's what Honda reported:

"When the ECON mode is activated, several operating characteristics of the vehicle are modified for enhanced fuel efficiency. The drive-by-wire throttle system provides more gradual response and, to save additional energy, the climate control's fan speeds are lowered incrementally, while other climate control system characteristics are altered based on the conditions. So the climate control will be slightly less aggressive in maintaining a set temperature (this saves energy) and the cruise control will also be slightly less aggressive in maintaining a set speed. Allowing more variation saves energy as well."

Honda won't attribute a percentage improvement because, as they indicate, there are simply too many variables.

https://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/28/car-eco-button/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts