Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... The title pretty much covers it. I am considering a 2015 EX and want to know what functionality might be lost if I replace the factory head unit.

Are there any special menus in there that affect functions not related to infotainment?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I’m interested in this too since it would be nice to have something that supports Android Auto. I can think of several things that may be effected:

Lane-watch (I wouldn’t feel too bad if this feature gets lost but it’s good to have)
Rear-view camera (critical feature)
CD-player (don’t care)
Steering wheel-mounted controls

If anyone has any experience with replacing the stock head-unit, please do share how each of the above features are affected.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m interested in this too since it would be nice to have something that supports Android Auto. I can think of several things that may be effected:

Lane-watch (I wouldn’t feel too bad if this feature gets lost but it’s good to have)
Rear-view camera (critical feature)
CD-player (don’t care)
Steering wheel-mounted controls

If anyone has any experience with replacing the stock head-unit, please do share how each of the above features are affected.
Connecting the cameras (rear-view and lane-watch) to an aftermarket head unit should be no issue. What I'm not sure about is how it get's activated on the screen. For example would I have to press a button on the head unit to make it switch to the camera input or would it switch automatically?

I'm not too concerned about the steering wheel controls... there are lots of adapters out there to make those work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
I'm new on this forum.To find more about the original head unit, just Google for: NR-244UH/NR-245UH what is original MITSUBISHI ANDROID BASED head unit on all CR-V models above L. I get the unit out and dismantled to take few pictures and have view what can be done. Have android 7'' GA2114-OH0202
fully loaded for replacement, but I need more time.
To replace original unit for another radios will be full of pain and some features will be gone. Also look some links from mitsubishi manufacture: https://fccid.io/document.php?id=2305334
https://fccid.io/UJHNR244245BT
Sorry for my english..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Anyone figure this out?

It would be nice to have CarPlay and other apps that Honda is not supporting. Otherwise i suppose i need a jailbroken iPhone in order to get my apps to work through the screen with the HDMI adapter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to this forum, and this question is why I came here in the first place. I was hoping to find an answer... Recently purchased a 2015 EX-L, without Navigation. Moving to the suburbs soon and figured it would be a nice addition, as well as CarPlay like some have mentioned.

I am going to go to the dealer soon and ask if they have any knowledge of what functionality could be lost, and if they could either recommend a unit based on experience or have heard anything. I don't really care about the cost, but I'm not paying $1,500+ for the OEM replacement.

Anyway, if this doesn't get answered in the meantime I'll be back hopefully soon with some information from my dealer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
All,

See the topic '2015 CR-V Touring Stereo System - Mediocre Sound!' Someone there talks about a CR-V owner that replaced the head unit and had all sort of electrical problems that eventually killed the car! (of course then not warrantee covered).

·
Registered
704 Posts
All,
See the topic '2015 CR-V Touring Stereo System - Mediocre Sound!' Someone there talks about a CR-V owner that replaced the head unit and had all sort of electrical problems that eventually killed the car! (of course then not warrantee covered).
People do dumb things all the time. This is no reason to be afraid of upgrading audio in a CR-V. I have successfully upgraded a 2012 EX with processor, amps, sub and speakers and a 2013 EX-L with headunit, amps, sub and speakers. It can be done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
People do dumb things all the time. This is no reason to be afraid of upgrading audio in a CR-V. I have successfully upgraded a 2012 EX with processor, amps, sub and speakers and a 2013 EX-L with headunit, amps, sub and speakers. It can be done.
annnnnnnndddddd.....what all did it encompass?? That is the whole point of this thread. More details please.

·
Registered
704 Posts
annnnnnnndddddd.....what all did it encompass?? That is the whole point of this thread. More details please.
This particular discussion is about the 2015 model(s), which have slightly different audio systems.

I have two very long detailed threads in this "Mobile Electronics" sub forum about my 2012 and 2013 model upgrade projects with wiring diagrams, pictures, etc. The forum search works great, or you can search threads I posted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Use this and don't lose any functionality. Not sure about video. PacAudio RP4-HD11 will retain clock setting & iMid Tried to post the link and got this -> To be able to post links or images your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 4 posts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Use this and don't lose any functionality. Not sure about video. PacAudio RP4-HD11 will retain clock setting & iMid Tried to post the link and got this -> To be able to post links or images your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 4 posts.
You now have 5!

·
Registered
10 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts