Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to swap out my standard halogen headlight housings for the projectors that are offered on the Touring trim. I have a little difficulty seeing at night and Xenon or LED bulbs throw better light than halogens. So far everything is great. I also decided to swap out the interior lighting to LED as well. Overall, I am pleased with the results. The total time was a little under 2 hours to complete everything, but this was my first time doing something like this so I went slow and was cautious. Please let me know if you have any questions.

2015-07-14 09.51.03.jpg 2015-07-14 10.21.51.jpg 2015-07-14 11.06.19.jpg 2015-07-14 11.07.21.jpg 2015-07-14 12.36.54.jpg 2015-07-14 12.37.17.jpg

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice job - too bad Honda does not like it's customers enough to make projector lights standard.
I know. I see so many other cars that have them standard now... (Rav4). Its just a shame that Honda takes its time playing catch up.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Honda has always been last

Last to offer cruise control
Last to offer passenger side rear view mirror
Last to offer cassette in radio
Last to offer power windows
Last to offer power door locks
Last to offer factory air
Last to offer CD in radio
Last to offer power seats
Last to offer Alloy wheels
Last to make fuel injection standard
Last to offer USB on radio
Last to offer a V6
Last to offer leather seats
Last to offer projection headlights
Still don't offer a V8

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I originally purchased and am using these. I decided on LED because I have heard of Xenon melting the projectors and they don't seem to have very good reliability.

Kensun New Technology All-in-One LED Headlight Conversion Kit (from HID or Halogen) with Cree Bulbs - H11 - 30W 3000LM x2 - 2 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WGYARIS/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_IyMPvb1QVNQFF

They are fine, but I have a new set on order and will return the old ones.

Starnill LED Headlight Conversion Kit - All Bulb Sizes - 80W 7200LM COB LED - Replaces Halogen & HID Bulbs (H11) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WUG1A6U/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_pBMPvbC38HA37

I just wanted something a little brighter. The Kensun bulbs are equivalent to standard halogen bulbs but the new ones are 2x the brightness. I'll be sure to update when I get the new bulbs in tomorrow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
how does the color of the LED bulbs compare to the LED DRL's? Do you plan on getting LED's for the fogs?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how does the color of the LED bulbs compare to the LED DRL's? Do you plan on getting LED's for the fogs?
The color is spot on when looking at a distance. There is only a slight hint of blue when looking at the inside corner of where the projectors are housed (see my pictures). I think something like a 5000k or 5500k would be a little closer though. I have thought about swapping the fogs, but we get really bad fog here and I have read about the reduced effect when using LED fog lights. I don't know if this is due to the whiter light but I am kind of leery to spend money on them just yet. I may just wait until the foggy season to order, that way I still have a return window if they don't work out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are you using one of the color filters? I look forward to hearing about the Starnill LED's.

The color is spot on when looking at a distance. There is only a slight hint of blue when looking at the inside corner of where the projectors are housed (see my pictures). I think something like a 5000k or 5500k would be a little closer though. I have thought about swapping the fogs, but we get really bad fog here and I have read about the reduced effect when using LED fog lights. I don't know if this is due to the whiter light but I am kind of leery to spend money on them just yet. I may just wait until the foggy season to order, that way I still have a return window if they don't work out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so I installed the new set of LEDs. They are much brighter than the first pair. I will say that the Starnills do not seem to have the same build quality as the first pair. But only time will tell. They turn on instantly and have no flicker.

·
Registered
33 Posts
was there a delay and flicker with the Kensun LEDs?

Ok so I installed the new set of LEDs. They are much brighter than the first pair. I will say that the Starnills do not seem to have the same build quality as the first pair. But only time will tell. They turn on instantly and have no flicker.

·
Registered
5 Posts
LEDs are the way to go, I swapped out my 07 headlights with 3600LM LEDs and couldn't be happier.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts