Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I originally purchased and am using these. I decided on LED because I have heard of Xenon melting the projectors and they don't seem to have very good reliability.

Kensun New Technology All-in-One LED Headlight Conversion Kit (from HID or Halogen) with Cree Bulbs - H11 - 30W 3000LM x2 - 2 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WGYARIS/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_IyMPvb1QVNQFF

They are fine, but I have a new set on order and will return the old ones.

Starnill LED Headlight Conversion Kit - All Bulb Sizes - 80W 7200LM COB LED - Replaces Halogen & HID Bulbs (H11) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WUG1A6U/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_pBMPvbC38HA37

I just wanted something a little brighter. The Kensun bulbs are equivalent to standard halogen bulbs but the new ones are 2x the brightness. I'll be sure to update when I get the new bulbs in tomorrow.
I've never had a problem with any 35W HID systems bought locally from JLC Concept from my car to my friends' cars.

I've heard and been told that 55W kits are the ones that melt housings because its too much heat for the headlight to handle.

BTW, good job on tackling something for your first time. haha

·
Registered
10 Posts
I replaced the headlights on my '15 Touring with OPT7 LED bulbs and then went with the 6 XTE fog lights from VLeds.com. They are H11s instead of H8s but with a minor modification to the bulbs they fit perfectly.

The only problem I had was getting all of the tabs around the fog light surround back into place.

I really like the look! Thanks so much for he guidance!

http://www.vleds.com/bulb-type/fog-lights/h11/6-xte-h11-h8-h9-h16-led-drl-fog-light-bulbs-1-pair.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
I replaced the headlights on my '15 Touring with OPT7 LED bulbs and then went with the 6 XTE fog lights from VLeds.com. They are H11s instead of H8s but with a minor modification to the bulbs they fit perfectly.

The only problem I had was getting all of the tabs around the fog light surround back into place.

I really like the look! Thanks so much for he guidance!

http://www.vleds.com/bulb-type/fog-lights/h11/6-xte-h11-h8-h9-h16-led-drl-fog-light-bulbs-1-pair.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice. How good is the light output?

Sent from my G9208SS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I decided to swap out my standard halogen headlight housings for the projectors that are offered on the Touring trim. I have a little difficulty seeing at night and Xenon or LED bulbs throw better light than halogens. So far everything is great. I also decided to swap out the interior lighting to LED as well. Overall, I am pleased with the results. The total time was a little under 2 hours to complete everything, but this was my first time doing something like this so I went slow and was cautious. Please let me know if you have any questions.

View attachment 48057 View attachment 48065 View attachment 48073 View attachment 48081 View attachment 48089 View attachment 48097
This is exactly what I am looking for! Where did you buy the headlights/part number? Does it come with the ballast and bulb, or is that separate? Curious to see how much your stock headlight will sell for, keep us posted if you can!

I am about to buy a CRV EX-L, and have always had fun sports cars. I am recently married, and part of the compromise of having this CRV daily driver family mobile is potentially getting a S2000 as my main car.

Cheers to growing up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a 2016 touring I will post pictures of 4300k and 5000k HID vs OPT7 LED when they arrive as i just ordered them

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
This is exactly what I am looking for! Where did you buy the headlights/part number? Does it come with the ballast and bulb, or is that separate? Curious to see how much your stock headlight will sell for, keep us posted if you can!

I am about to buy a CRV EX-L, and have always had fun sports cars. I am recently married, and part of the compromise of having this CRV daily driver family mobile is potentially getting a S2000 as my main car.

Cheers to growing up!
Here is the link for the Opt7 headlights I bought.

OPT7 LED Headlight Bulbs w/ Clear Arc-Beam Kit - H11 (H8, H9) - 60w 7,000Lm 6K Cool White CREE - 2 Yr Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VNBDWPK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_yAbcybZ008G2B

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
322 Posts
Putting Hid or Led Bulbs without proper housing - does not really help. All it does is create bright light close by-does not do anything for width or distance( in fact worse than halogen stock bulbs)
Light pattern is just spread all around blinding on coming traffic- Not to mention you can get a ticket or if you get into a front collision could be deemed your fault if the cop or the other driver notices headlights modification.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I decided to swap out my standard halogen headlight housings for the projectors that are offered on the Touring trim. I have a little difficulty seeing at night and Xenon or LED bulbs throw better light than halogens. So far everything is great. I also decided to swap out the interior lighting to LED as well. Overall, I am pleased with the results. The total time was a little under 2 hours to complete everything, but this was my first time doing something like this so I went slow and was cautious. Please let me know if you have any questions.

View attachment 48057 View attachment 48065 View attachment 48073 View attachment 48081 View attachment 48089 View attachment 48097
That looks really good

41 - 52 of 52 Posts