Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually connect my phone via Bluetooth and play music, most of the time the upper display doesn't show the name or the song, singer or the album - it simple shows "noname" for all; but sometime it shows the name fine.
It's not really an issue in any way but it is a little bit annoying.

We tried to disconnect and reconnect the phone via bluetooth, shut down the App and relaunch it, turn off the bluetooth on the car, turn off the bluetooth on the phone...all different combination, it doesn't work..

Does anyone has the same experience and know why?

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the exact same problem on my 2015 EX-L with my Samsung Note 4 and then Note Edge. I took a hit with restocking fees and returned each of those phones even though I loved them and bought a refurbished LG G3 which works great with the head unit. From what I was told by a T-Mobile tech, Samsung and other manufacturers are using very specific Bluetooth hardware that will only transmit song name/artist name to the head unit if used with certain software. Such was the case with my Note 4 and Note Edge, only the proprietary Samsung music player (horrible player) would transmit this info to my head unit. If I used Google music, Pandora, milk music, or any other music software I would get a blank screen when playing through the head unit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with my iPhone and the Amazon Music app. Bluetooth usually doesn't show any information, and wired through the USB is always one song behind (shows what was played the song before).

Anyone else have this problem? Solution ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts