Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just recently purchased a certified pre-owned 2015 Honda CR-V for my father-in-law. After the car sits for four or five days the batter is dead and has to be put on a charger. The dealer put in a brand new Honda battery but the anomaly repeated. Dealer suggested keeping the key fobs at least 30 feet away and I told them they are over 50 ft away in my home. There is some type of parasitic draw that the dealer can't find. I have done research and it seems it is a common problem with this model year CR-Vs. Has anyone else had this problem and has it been resolved?

Thank you for your help,
Mike

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,775 Posts
If the car is CPO the selling dealer should be obligated to find the parasitic drain, after all there is some kind of guarantee. That is why you pay more for CPO cars.

The FOB statement is malarkey. :rolleyes:

Post back with the results of the troubleshooting!

·
Registered
282 Posts
We have the same problem with our 2016 crv. I ended up upgrading our battery to a 24F size AGM battery. I have left the car for 3 weeks straight and it still starts up fine. You can see thread here for my upgrade.
2016 battery/charge/upgrade issue

·
Premium Member
2008 EX AWD
172 Posts
If the car is CPO the selling dealer should be obligated to find the parasitic drain, after all there is some kind of guarantee. That is why you pay more for CPO cars.

The FOB statement is malarkey. :rolleyes:

Post back with the results of the troubleshooting!
Agreed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I had a similar issue with an 08 Accord. Replace the A/C relay. About $8!AR Advance with lifetime warranty. Fixed it! This Gen CRV uses the same one. I had the A/C quit on my 07 Civic. Same relay again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

The dealer couldn't find anything wrong. Supposedly, they checked every circuit and every circuit was within Honda factory specifications.

So, my nephew is an instructor at an automotive school and he is taking the car to his school and it will be a class project for his students to find the problem.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Watched different videos of drains. Multiple used laptop and pico scope to watch over long time draw. Rear wiper controller was one problem and another was alt draw that didn't start till like hour or more after modules went to sleep

1 - 8 of 8 Posts