Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 4043 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shopping for compact SUV and I almost decide to get CR-V But When I test drive last weekend.
I've noticed that when I'm stopped and in gear, there is a noticeable vibration from the engine, I can feel it on handle and seat.
I tried with passenger side but still feel same.
Is this normal on CR-V ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
2015 EX-L AWD with about 250 miles has the vibration at idle in D. It seems that when the rpms get too low (around 600 or so) the engine starts getting rough. I'm hoping it is a break-in issue that will go away as the miles rack up, although from what I've read on here it seems that it is just an inherent flaw with the CR-V. Perhaps that's one they are saving to fix on the next redesign...

·
Registered
30 Posts
My 2015 EX 2WD with about 900 miles has a notable but subtle vibration at about 550/600 RPMs, this seems standard for the car & if that were all, I probably would be happy. My BIG complaint / concern is that when I am at a complete stop and in drive the idle is hanging out just above the 500 line - 525? and the vibration is pronounced and annoying. The whole car shakes and anything in the cup holder rattles. This drop in RPMS happens only after the car is warm (about 7-10 minutes).

I am so sad this is happening because it is otherwise everything I want in a car.

I took it to the dealership and they deemed it a "normal" characteristic, but I am not convinced. I experienced the mild vibration in another 2015, but not the more profound one. It seemed to me that the RPMs would drop, but quickly pop up again & not hang out at 525.

I am hoping that with more effort this will be deemed abnormal & a fix will be found, because it is super annoying.

Palmoyas - Does this describe the problem you are having?

RobE - Please observe you car more at idle after 10 minutes of operation -specifically when you are at a full stop & in gear - and let us know what you are experience is since you are not experiencing this problem. If all CRVs don't do this, it is not normal & Honda really needs to do something. I would GREATLY appreciate your help!

Please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
RobE - Please observe you car more at idle after 10 minutes of operation -specifically when you are at a full stop & in gear - and let us know what you experience - where do your RPMS tend to stay? Since you are not experiencing this problem, your information might be a huge help for us who are. If all CRVs don't do this, it is not normal & Honda really needs to do something. I would GREATLY appreciate your help!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought a new 2015 CR-V EX and sadly, off the bat, I noticed the aggressive vibration but only when the car is idling in D, and only when the engine is idling at about 600 rpm. Putting any load on the engine (turning the headlights on etc) increases the idle speed and diminishes the vibration.

But, when the car is idling in D at about 600 the passenger seat vibrates vigorously and the wheel shakes to a very irritating extent.

The dealers said they had not encountered this problem with any cr-v. Service said every car is like this. But I wish I had test-driven a warmed up car. It would have been a deal breaker as where I live requires a lot of waiting for lights to change.

Service will see if there's anything that can be done. I can report back if there's interst.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Feldman described my situation exactly, although it hasn't happened since and I've been looking for it. Perhaps I need to make sure everything is off (lights, defrost, etc) so there is less load on the engine.

I've also been running in non-economy mode since then to help effect a better engine break-in with more varied RPMs. When I was stopped at a light in D I switched over to Econ mode (albeit briefly) and it had no effect on the idle speed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Feldman described my situation exactly, although it hasn't happened since and I've been looking for it. Perhaps I need to make sure everything is off (lights, defrost, etc) so there is less load on the engine.

I've also been running in non-economy mode since then to help effect a better engine break-in with more varied RPMs. When I was stopped at a light in D I switched over to Econ mode (albeit briefly) and it had no effect on the idle speed.
Thanks Palmoyas for reporting back. I did have a day or two when the engine would just idle at 650 or so (no major vibration) & I was praying it was the end of it, but no such luck. Hopefully, that won't happen to you.

If you do experience it a again, film it with your phone.

How many miles do you have on your car now? I have just over 1000, and it is still doing it...maybe you have more?

If you are willing, please put in a complaint to Honda Corp USA - it is friendly and easy. The more complaints, the more likely we are to get that fix the other posters mentioned.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everyone,

We would like to apologize if customers are experiencing anything unusual with the drive-ability of the vehicle. We would like to confirm if this is an issue or a characteristic of the vehicle. We would like to welcome customers to visit their local Honda dealership for a diagnosis. If you need further assistance with the dealership, I can assist. If interested, please private message us with your full name, VIN, mileage and dealer so we can better assist you.

Thank you,

Jonathan
Social Media Team
Automobile Customer Service
Twitter: @HondaCustSvc

1 - 20 of 4043 Posts