Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

4021 - 4040 of 4047 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi for the free fix does the vehicle need to be under factory warranty? If so which one - 3yr/36k bumper to bumper or is it the 5yr/60k mile powertrain warranty?
I too am interested in the answer to this question. I had the level 1 fix done about a year and a half ago while the car was under 3/36,000 mile while I lived in NY. I'm now in Florida and the problem is back and the car has 38,000 mile and past 3 years of ownership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am interested in the answer to this question. I had the level 1 fix done about a year and a half ago while the car was under 3/36,000 mile while I lived in NY. I'm now in Florida and the problem is back and the car has 38,000 mile and past 3 years of ownership.
It's:
- 5yr/60,000mi for Driving Mode 1 (car vibrates when stopped)
- 8yr/80,000mi for Driving Modes 2 (1,000-1,200 rpm) and 3 (1,800-2,200 rpm around 40-50 mph)

They have more information about this at owners(dot)honda(dot)com. When you select your Vehicle Info at the top, there is a link called "Vibration Information". I would recommend reading that link and research about Service Bulletin 15-046.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I read the details on the proposed settlement. Looks like a bunch of fluff that paid lawyers handsomely. Nothing really in it for CRV owners other than the fix that has been floating around for several years now. Class action lawsuits in the auto industry, for the most part with a few exceptions, are pretty worthless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anybody tried installing hydraulic mounts? Either after market or from the Accord? Not sure this is possible but desperate for options...

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's:
- 5yr/60,000mi for Driving Mode 1 (car vibrates when stopped)
- 8yr/80,000mi for Driving Modes 2 (1,000-1,200 rpm) and 3 (1,800-2,200 rpm around 40-50 mph)

They have more information about this at owners(dot)honda(dot)com. When you select your Vehicle Info at the top, there is a link called "Vibration Information". I would recommend reading that link and research about Service Bulletin 15-046.

i don't see information there any longer.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
It looks like I'm not alone and it's not just my car. I recently bought a 2015 CR-V EX L and have noticed it vibrating excessively at idle.

Is this a sign of more serious engine trouble? I see that it's the #1 complaint from another website on this car. It's annoying, but I can probably live with it as long as it's not a precursor of other problems. It feels like an earthquake in the car. It happens on most idle stops and goes away when I accelerate.

It looks like there might be a (partial?) fix? Maybe I should return it. I have 5 more days from the vendor I bought it from to return it risk free or so they said...

Thank you,

·
Everything in Moderation
8,064 Posts
There was a three-partfix via TSBs from Honda. See if you can get these applied. If they refuse then return it if that bothers you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those that had the TSB done, how long have you been vibration-free? (Or how soon before the vibration returned?)

·
Everything in Moderation
8,064 Posts
For those that had the TSB done, how long have you been vibration-free? (Or how soon before the vibration returned?)
As I said it was a three-part effort. Its possible that some folks had one or two fixes performed but their car needed 'more'. Not all three remedies would always be applied.

IIRC, the final remedy reduced fuel mileage a bit.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Mode 1 of the TSB done. Still vibrates like crazy at idle. Hoping they apply the other mode fixes and the issue is resolved (although those modes don’t appear to be for the idle problem). Told me they couldn’t do all three modes on the TSB at once. Also didn’t replace the headrests with the Mode 1 fix. Said Honda wasn’t going to cover the cost.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mode 1 of the TSB done. Still vibrates like crazy at idle. Hoping they apply the other mode fixes and the issue is resolved (although those modes don’t appear to be for the idle problem). Told me they couldn’t do all three modes on the TSB at once. Also didn’t replace the headrests with the Mode 1 fix. Said Honda wasn’t going to cover the cost.

when I had my 2015 CRV it needed all three modes- they did it at one time- it was something like 5-6 hours labor

·
Registered
6 Posts
WOW I just returned a 2016 CRV I owned for 4.1 miles! Drove it off the lot and the vibration was so bad. By 4.1 miles I had to pull over and get out. Numb hands, legs & nausea............Dealership never felt it or heard of it ?????? 2015 CRV has a technical bulletin released from HONDA. They added 2016 to the same youtube video announcing the fix.

Search "Activity Update on 2015 CR-V Vibration" on youtube. posted by HONDA
google the fix by honda "TSB 15-046"
See if vibration matches these issues of 2015-16
MY dealership still denied even knowing about it. Lucky I got a refund, $23k for car.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Can someone confirm if my understanding is correct:/

- Mode1 - means vibration when stopped in gear at idle

- Mode 2 - lugging sound ( sounds like you are in 5th gear at low speed in a manual car)

-mode 3 - vibration at higher rpm and speeds

·
Registered
60 Posts
I own a 2015 CRV. Dealer rejected my request for TSB-046 fixes due to being +200 mi over the 3/36000 warranty. I appealed to HONDA USA... rejected again.
But I was skeptical of the fixes anyway... halfway inclined to not even ask for them. I figured the engineers designed those mounts, etc. after careful design / testing. I assumed their choices were best for the majority of operating conditions. Minor vibration under no-load idle might need a "fix" or modification that is detrimental to long life durability or other positive attributes of the original design.
I tried to get solid engineering info about the give & take aspects of the "fix"... there is always some give & take on an engineering change of design. My CRV now has 70,000 mi, and I still love the car. Vibration is trivial. The car has many design features that I love. Gas mileage is outstanding. CVT is smooth (item I was most concerned about, but has proven perfect so far.)
I have heard nothing about a class action. But I generally believe those are worthless to the consumers (but great for the lawyers).

·
Registered
152 Posts
I get a slight vibration when not in ECO, during coldest weather. Mode 1 and 2. Not all the time. Will sound weird, but it does it most at 30-35 mph on the rare stretch of roadway that is both slightly uphill (makes no sense to me) and a really, really, well engineered road. Subtle banking, smooth surface. That very road is close by and I use it a couple times a Week.
59,000 miles. Just oil changes, air and cabin filters, one set of tires, one alignment. And "the fix, or course. That was back in late Fall or early Winter 2015. Just helped my Sister with pricing & negotiations on a '19 EX AWD. New RAV 4 was tempting as heck, but CR-V is a bit - to more than a bit - cheaper and turbo peppier around town.
Edit; Oops... 59,000mi and just Oil Changes, Air and Cabin Filters, one set of tires w/alignment, the "Fix", AND simple drain and fill tranny (twice), 2 rear diff fluid changes, drain and fill coolant, and brake fluid flush. Not bad for 44 Months and 59,000 miles.

4021 - 4040 of 4047 Posts