Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

4041 - 4047 of 4047 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was shopping for compact SUV and I almost decide to get CR-V But When I test drive last weekend.
I've noticed that when I'm stopped and in gear, there is a noticeable vibration from the engine, I can feel it on handle and seat.
I tried with passenger side but still feel same.
Is this normal on CR-V ?

Happens every once in a blue moon on my 2015 crv touring. So of course it's not reproducable at the dealership. I believe I've read that it's the transmission.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saw a you tube from Your Car Angel and this graphic says an improperly mounted radiator was to blame for this vibration. They issued technical service bulletins but would not issue a recall on this problem despite being aware of it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Leave the climate control "on" and set the fan speed on lowest setting.
This will cause the computer to raise the engine idle speed slightly which eliminates the vibration.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just checking in as we near the end of 2019. For quick history, I purchased my CRV in June of 2015 and had the very noticeable idle vibration, found this forum and posted my woes in this thread. Had all 3 fixes done (the dealership did the other 2 after I complained the 1st fix didn't make much difference) and have been living with it since. My CRV just past 60k and the good news is, if you can call it that, the vibration doesn't feel any worse over time & accumulated miles.

I often compare my 2015 CRV against my previous 2010 VW Tiguan as my reference point and while the VW Tiguan definitely gave a more refined, premium luxurious feel, with absolutely NO vibration whatsoever, I must give the win to my CRV regarding practicality and reliability. My Tiguan had several warranty claims before the 60k warranty was reached (a few minor ones, two major ones) and required premium fuel on top of dismal gas mileage. The CRV, besides this vibration annoyance, hasn't had any warranty claims, has far better fuel economy, has wonderfully huge & useful trunk area, and has been just simply a reliable family workhorse. So it's just a reminder to have perspective and appreciate what the vehicle does well to offset what may bother you. ;)

Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
20 Posts
After a thorough research, I have found the 2012-2014 the best years for the CR-V, because of the great K-24 engine, and the 5 speed auto trans instead of the CVT

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also using 2012-2014, so many years ago and still running fine.

-----------------------
Bambufit.vn - The most prestigious dental software

4041 - 4047 of 4047 Posts