Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a European spec CRV and I don't know if I am doing something wrong... or if this feature is totally useless. I want to be able to get in and out of my car in a comfortable way but then have the seat memory function move me to my driving position when I next get in the car. So what I do when I get out is move my seat fully back... this lets me leave the car without any problems with the steering wheel and gives plenty of room. The problem is when I next use the car before I can get in the seat starts moving forward to the set driving position and makes my entry to the seat less than ideal. I am either doing something wrong or the feature is useless. I would be better of with a sliding seat where I can slide my seat back when I get out and then when I next get into the car slide the seat forward. Is this something I have done wrong in my selection process or is it just a case of it being a not very well thought out Honda feature that is actually not fit for purpose?

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,747 Posts
The feature is working perfectly fine.

What you need to do is preset memory "1" to have the seat all the way back for when you get in and preset memory "2" to your normal driving position once you have got in/closed the door.

And on exit, you do the reverse. Press "1" to have the seat go back and exit with ease. Simples.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The feature is working perfectly fine.

What you need to do is preset memory "1" to have the seat all the way back for when you get in and preset memory "2" to your normal driving position once you have got in/closed the door.

And on exit, you do the reverse. Press "1" to have the seat go back and exit with ease. Simples.
That works only when using key fob #1. If using fob #2, the seat will move to position 2 after unlocking and opening the driver's door.

If you want the seat to always be in position 1 when entering the vehicle regardless of which fob you are using, you can disable the link between fob and seat position. Under Menu, go to Customize Settings/ Driving Position Setup/ Memory Position Link, then select Off.

For Gen 5 V's on the touch screen select Settings/ Vehicle/ Driving Position Setup/ Memory Position Link.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,747 Posts
The OP has a 4th Gen UK-built CR-V (2015).

It doesnt matter which key is in use. If both have the same preset seat settings, thats all you need. In any case, the OP makes no reference to which key is being utilised.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I have to disagree. The car detects which key fob is being used and automatically sets the seat position to whatever key is being used. Just my opinion but I think the system is useless unless you want to get into the car when the seat is A in motion or B retract the seat before you get in then press the button for which seat position you want or C use a different key fob each time you go to the car .. which completely negates the idea neither of the three options is in fact the way the system should operate ... IMO. For example my brother has a VW Taurag which works properly you draw the set back when you leave the car and activate the set position when you get in the car. The idea of the system is that two drivers can have preset driving positions by using their own key. OR I am missing something?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
marty1
That sounds like the way to go... but it is still not right in my opinion. The seat position system should be linked to the ignition in my opinion. When you get into the car switching the system on prior to starting the engine should activate the positioning system the driver should not need to do anything.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a thought could the reason for the system working this way be down to Honda not having faith in the longevity of the motor on the seat moving seat and the weight of the driver around so made it work this way to save straining the motor ? Big difference in mass between the seat and the seat plus driver.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,747 Posts
My point was that if you have both keys set so that upon entry, the seat is all the way back, then press the other preset button to move you forwards.

Then it wont matter what keyfob you use as both will have been set the same.

There's no inherent design fault with the Honda set up. You're comparing it with what other OEMs do. Apples to oranges....

Reactions: rdfroese

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With due respect that is not the way the system works. I have a key... my wife has a key we both have different preset positions. The car automatically knows which key is being used when before the car door is even opened and starts to move the seat to the driving position preset for that key. I think you are defending a badly thought out system here. The programmed position for each key has to be set ... there are only two possibilities. Here is the fact it is a bad design and what you are suggesting to correct that bad design means that there can only be one pre determined driving position the other is purely for drivers to get into their seat whereupon one driver will have the correct driving position the other will not. mart1 has the best suggestion but it too is not perfect as the driver then has to select which position the seat should be set to... it is still infinitely better than your solution though. If Honda had actually thought about it the system would have been triggered through the ignition switch not problem then. By the way how do you select the starting position for the seat I have only been able to select the driving position? Remember we have two different preset driving positions.

·
Floatin' Pizza Slices
4,747 Posts
If you feel that strongly about it, I suggest you contact Honda UK Customer Care team and let rip.

Nothing I or anyone else says will change the set up.

Reactions: rdfroese

·
Registered
491 Posts
With due respect that is not the way the system works. I have a key... my wife has a key we both have different preset positions. The car automatically knows which key is being used when before the car door is even opened and starts to move the seat to the driving position preset for that key. I think you are defending a badly thought out system here. The programmed position for each key has to be set ... there are only two possibilities. Here is the fact it is a bad design and what you are suggesting to correct that bad design means that there can only be one pre determined driving position the other is purely for drivers to get into their seat whereupon one driver will have the correct driving position the other will not. mart1 has the best suggestion but it too is not perfect as the driver then has to select which position the seat should be set to... it is still infinitely better than your solution though. If Honda had actually thought about it the system would have been triggered through the ignition switch not problem then. By the way how do you select the starting position for the seat I have only been able to select the driving position? Remember we have two different preset driving positions.
There is no starting position, only the driving position that you program for each button.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Moved to Gen 4 Section.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exactly marty1 so in effect what I am saying is in fact correct... it is a poorly thought out system . I think your suggestion of disconnecting the link between the fob and the sensor. I then assume that the drivers then just select to push position 1 or 2 and the seat will the move to the preset position?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts