Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2015 CRV SE edition. Doesn't have the built in navigation but was wondering if anyone has any comments on the Apple NAV app for $69
The app store has 5 poor reviews ?? Also has anyone tried to connect a regular GPS via HDMI ?? I have a Garmin Nuvi 1490 and thought that it might mirror on the display ??
Any comments would be greatly appreciated !!!
Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Screen mirroring via HDMI only works when vehicle is in park. Once you put the car in gear, the HDMI input doesn’t work.

No comments on the iOS nav app. Never used it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just purchased a 2015 CRV SE edition. Doesn't have the built in navigation but was wondering if anyone has any comments on the Apple NAV app for $69
The app store has 5 poor reviews ?? Also has anyone tried to connect a regular GPS via HDMI ?? I have a Garmin Nuvi 1490 and thought that it might mirror on the display ??
Any comments would be greatly appreciated !!!
Thanks
I use the nav app a couple times a week. I have no problems with it. I do see where people might get a negative review from the app (if you exit the app while it's running, then you loose connection). But if you read the directions and follow them, it is a good solution. You also get up to date maps and don't need to purchase upgrades. The app has had several updates since I got it last December so the software has matured.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for comments, still deciding on the NAV app...I've seen several threads of people trying to figure out how to bypass the hdmi/drive issue but haven't seen any success yet ??
Would be nice if I could use google maps or waze while I'm driving.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks for comments, still deciding on the NAV app...I've seen several threads of people trying to figure out how to bypass the hdmi/drive issue but haven't seen any success yet ??
Would be nice if I could use google maps or waze while I'm driving.
There is a way you can by use google maps or waze. You just need to jailbreak your iPhone and install a tweak that keeps the HondaLink app in the foreground. I can't remember the name but there is a thread on here that links to all the info on a Civic forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts