Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2015 CRV SE edition. Doesn't have the built in navigation but was wondering if anyone has any comments on the Apple NAV app for $69
The app store has 5 poor reviews ?? Also has anyone tried to connect a regular GPS via HDMI ?? I have a Garmin Nuvi 1490 and thought that it might mirror on the display ??
Any comments would be greatly appreciated !!!
Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just purchased a 2015 CRV SE edition. Doesn't have the built in navigation but was wondering if anyone has any comments on the Apple NAV app for $69
The app store has 5 poor reviews ?? Also has anyone tried to connect a regular GPS via HDMI ?? I have a Garmin Nuvi 1490 and thought that it might mirror on the display ??
Any comments would be greatly appreciated !!!
Thanks
I use the nav app a couple times a week. I have no problems with it. I do see where people might get a negative review from the app (if you exit the app while it's running, then you loose connection). But if you read the directions and follow them, it is a good solution. You also get up to date maps and don't need to purchase upgrades. The app has had several updates since I got it last December so the software has matured.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for comments, still deciding on the NAV app...I've seen several threads of people trying to figure out how to bypass the hdmi/drive issue but haven't seen any success yet ??
Would be nice if I could use google maps or waze while I'm driving.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks for comments, still deciding on the NAV app...I've seen several threads of people trying to figure out how to bypass the hdmi/drive issue but haven't seen any success yet ??
Would be nice if I could use google maps or waze while I'm driving.
There is a way you can by use google maps or waze. You just need to jailbreak your iPhone and install a tweak that keeps the HondaLink app in the foreground. I can't remember the name but there is a thread on here that links to all the info on a Civic forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts