Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you retain the OEM camera for an aftermarket head unit on a 2015 CRV EX without navigation? My aftermarket unit has the video inputs, but I can't find the wires on the CRV's harness. Can anyone here help?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The OEM backup video is available from the imid (small screen above radio). The imid 32-pin connector has the backup camera video on A19 red wire and its ground A18 green wire.
I believe you will have to tap off of these.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a video display on my (non-nav) OEM head unit. That is where I normally view the backup camera - not on the imid. Is there a way to view the OEM backup camera on an aftermarket head unit? Is there a camera wire that would go into the OEM head unit that I can tap off of?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The OEM backup video is available from the imid (small screen above radio). The imid 32-pin connector has the backup camera video on A19 red wire and its ground A18 green wire.
I believe you will have to tap off of these.
Where would i tap the reverse trigger?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Backup camera on 2015 CR-V is simple analog unit and is easy to adopt to aftermarket Chinese radios. Is connected to original Mitsubishi infotainment unit by 24 pin connector. In the bottom row third -RED-VIDEO wire and GRAY- Ground wire- second in top row (count from the right) is coming analog signal . The camera is activate by +12 volt from backup real lamps by shifting the vehicle to REVERSE. The voltage can be from +5.5 to 15V ...that what I found on my 2015 CR-V SE (Canadian model)..IN top row- pin # 7... BROWN wire with activate the camera. I did some modification to my original infotainment sys for easy parking in my garage.One more thing.. by applying voltage to the brown wire ON THE 24 PIN CONNECTOR the Camera will get ON and the BACKUP LIGHTS will be ON also at the time when the additional modification's SWITCH is pressed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts