Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a fan of the Honda Sense features in my 2015 Honda CRV Touring.
Overall I might give it a 7 out of 10. Amazing features to have at this price point in this year.

Collision Mitigation Braking System
This isn't something I feel comfortable testing. I saw a youtube video of someone testing it -- thanks for sharing!
It's nice to know that it's there as a safety feature.
I think it only works at 10+ miles per hour. It would be nice to know it would stop you from coming into contact with anything between 0 and 10 too -- such as say stop and go traffic and garage walls -- alas.

Question -- Does anyone have a 'Driver Assist System Setup' in their steering wheel/dash MID settings per this Honda docs link below?
I wanted to play with setting the 'Forward Collision Warning Distance' to 'Long'.
But when I go to Customize Settings, I see no menu option named Driver Assist System Setup or Forward Collision Warning Distance.
I also looked on the touch screen system settings and don't see it there.
Warning about this honda docs link -- I don't have enough posts to have a valid link. Remove the space between http and the colon...
http ://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2015/CR-V/features/Collision-Mitigation-Braking-System

Lane Keeping Assist
Works well for me on the interstate and slightly curving roads at ~45+ miles per hour.
I've noticed if you are gently holding the steering wheel and so not manually adjusting it left/right, and the computer notices it's been doing all the steering for ~30 to 40+ seconds it'll give a warning and surrender control.
It's like a symbiotic relationship here where you are both relying on each other to keep it in the lane.

Adaptive Cruise control
Works at ~25+ mph. I like it. I wish it worked in stop and go traffic too. I wish it were a little smarter at coasting some first to slow down vs braking.

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is covered on pages 106 and 30 of the owner's guide. The buttons to change the settings are on the lower right side of the steering wheel. Per the owner's guide: 1. Select the Customize Settings display. 2. Select Change Settings. 3. Select Driver Assist System Setup. 4. Select Forward Collision Warning Distance. Select Long, Normal or Short. 5. Exit the menu. I admit, with the number of different menus, options, displays, etc., finding how to set and change items is impossible without referring to the owner's guide. If you register on the Honda web site, a printed Owner's Manual, Navigation Manual, and Warranty Booklet are complimentary to the first registered owner, up to six months after vehicle purchase. These manuals require a valid VIN and mailing address.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is covered on pages 106 and 30 of the owner's guide. The buttons to change the settings are on the lower right side of the steering wheel.
Thanks! Found it -- I'd totally forgot those three buttons were even on the steering wheel.

I admit, with the number of different menus, options, displays, etc., finding how to set and change items is impossible without referring to the owner's guide.
1. Some settings accessed via bottom-right steering wheel button. Settings appear on display above steering wheel.
2. Some settings accessed via top-left menu steering wheel menu button. Settings appear on little screen above the main touch screen.
3. Some settings accessed via touch screen.
4. Other hidden settings accessed via touch screen via developer menu.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can not change the Collision Mitigation Braking System sensor distance. You CAN change the Adaptive Cruise Control range. It is the button on the far right of the cruise pad on the right side of the steering wheel. With ACC engaged, tap it, and the range will decrease. 4 steps, then it loops back to far range. Far range is great for high speed freeway/turnpike speeds as long as you are traveling in a straight line. If the road is curvy, reduce the range so the car does not suddenly slow down because it sees the objects or other vehicles on the outside of your turn. If you are on the inside of a turn, even if the traffic is going the same speed or faster then you, because you are on the inside arc, you will cover distance at a higher rate. Because the sensor is pointed straight ahead, it will "see" the car in the other lane and abruptly slow down, or hit the brakes! Not fun. I find using the the next to lowest setting works best. Don't bother using it on a two lane highway. If you want plain old cruise control, press Cancel first, then hold the range button until you hear a beep. The display will change from ACC to Cruise Main. Then set Cruise the old fashioned way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can not change the Collision Mitigation Braking System sensor distance. You CAN change the Adaptive Cruise Control range.
Right -- but you can change the CMBS alert distance. When set to Long it'll beep and display "Brake" sooner than if set to Normal or Short.
Change the alert distance. Use the steering wheel buttons to make and enter selections in the MID.
1. Select the Customize Settings display.
2. Select Change Settings.
3. Select Driver Assist System Setup.
4. Select Forward Collision Warning Distance. Select Long, Normal, or Short.
5. Exit the menu.​
My original issue was I couldn't find the setting under the steering wheel menu...but there turned out to be two different steering wheel menus...

If you want plain old cruise control, press Cancel first, then hold the range button until you hear a beep. The display will change from ACC to Cruise Main. Then set Cruise the old fashioned way.
Thanks for this info -- I didn't know how to do that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You know I read that manual cover to cover. Somehow I missed that. Too much info to take in, I guess. I have experienced the ACC hit the brakes (at least it felt like it) and the transmission change to a lower range, when I approached a vehicle with a speed difference of over 15 MPH. I was going 75, and the car in front of me merged onto the freeway at 45~50. I was a good 1/4 mile or more back. ACC was set at maximum range, and the car was hitting the brakes before I could shift lanes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts