Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 CRV and the infotainment system gets stuck on startup. The picture of the Honda logo with the Earth behind it stays for an extended period of time, the radio turns on and off at the same time. Then, it will give me a screen saying "Software Update: There was a problem reading the CD-ROM Device. Please switch off the vehicle then restart to retry"(image attached to post).
This is a BIG problem. Almost all of the settings for the vehicle are in this screen, and the screen will not let you exit this menu unless you restart. The backup camera will not work properly, and everything else will not load, and it is a huge problem if you discover this problem when you have already started to move because then you have no radio or anything when driving.

Has anyone else had this problem, and might have a fix? I would like to avoid Honda dealerships, because the ones where I live are horrible(I have had many problems with this car and the Honda dealerships have been no help to me at all and I have been to three different dealerships).

Thanks!
IMG_1464.jpeg

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would suggest pulling the fuse to reset the info system. I could not find a fuse specifically called out, but would try the audio fuse at least first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts