Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe this the right place to ask..if not, please relocate it.... but once again....confused about why I cant get this to work....]

From what I understand, my phone S6 Edge is compatible with Mirror Link (its a connection on my phone)...I've watched 2014's get this to work by using the USB cable in the center console...however, when I plug mine in...it will start charging the phone (so I know it works) but will not register on my car's screen...I even downloaded Android Auto, Rock Scout...and others... with no success....I know Sygic Navigation works with Mirror link, and since I am NOT a fan of the stock Navigation, but I don't want to have to spend 100 bucks for it....and if I cant get my phone and car to "chat" wont matter what Navigation i have...

I even read a detailed step by step instruction...no luck...so is there a setting in the diagnostics somewhere or has Honda made this impossible for me to use in my car?

is there an update for the car that the dealer can install? and if, does anyone know at what cost?

my S6 is up to date and so is my ML....so I'm at a loss... the last thing I can think of is to try the HDMI port, but will have to order one in order to do that and if it still wont make a difference then hate to spend the money lol

any info you could provide would be helpful...I'm about ready to rip my hair out lol

·
Registered
381 Posts
What exactly are you wanting it to do? If you got the sygic navigation app to work from the phone to the screen, your mirrorlink is working perfectly. There arent many apps supported by it, which work while the car is m oving. It doesnt do the whole phone, just selected apps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I have yet to have the unit and the phone communicate, yet the cable charges the phone so I know its working, and the car and the phone are connected via Bluetooth. ...I dont know what that other cable is you are mentioning. ..
In a video aI watched on you tube, kid connected his phone and could use any navigation he wanted as it teuly mirrored his screen
But he was also in a 2014 Civic, I think...

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, I did also see a guy show you how to get in the diagnostics and select one option off...and that then allowed the navigation to work as ypu drove...which is WHAT it intended purpose is for after all...I just need them to pair first...then Ill worry about the rest lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Honda 2016 CRV SE 1.6 UK."smartphone not compatible "

First time here so hope in right place.
I hAve a samsung S5 and Note 4 both with Mirror link software. Every time I connect via USB the phone says connected by mirror link but the car keeps saying smartphone not compatible.
I have re set Bluetooth and even reset the car to factory settings.
Is it either the phones, cable or something else. It's driving me mad...
Please help

·
Registered
716 Posts
I would get CarPlay and not waste time with MirrorLink. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello from the UK. I've been searching various forums on this subject and I've hit a blank as well. I've tried on several occasions to get my phone and the car to talk - Samsung Galaxy S5 with a CRV SE 1.6 4x4 and I get "smartphone not compatible". According to the MirrorLink website they say that the Samsung Galaxy S5 IS a mirrorLink enabled phone. Indeed my phone thinks that the mirrorLink is connected as well. But the car doesn't.

I'm attempting to talk to the dealer and see if they know anything. Will update if I here anything.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does anyone know how to disable mirror link? When I plug my phone in S5 with the cable to the usb port, it connects to mirror link and makes my phone unusable :( It won't even charge. I would like to be able to charge my phone in the car. Thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
settings -> more -> mirrorlink -> OFF

It's fairly useless anyways, IMO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Exact same issue. I spoke to Honda in London. They say most Android do not work. There is an issue either Honda or Mirrorlink need to resolve!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts