Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have what they put on my car - probably All Seasons. I went out last night to see what brand they are but it was too dark. I think they are Bridgestone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have what they put on my car - probably All Seasons. I went out last night to see what brand they are but it was too dark. I think they are Bridgestone.
60k with my tyres and still ok for next year. I heard about max of 80k or 5-6 years.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Everything in Moderation
8,086 Posts
Coral, I think you need to determine what you want your tires to do for you. :confused:

By that I mean, if you need to drive in wintry conditions (and you don't run dedicated winter tires) you MAY want to change yours just so that you will have more 'bite' in wet or snowy conditions. It's safer. And, it's YOUR call.

+++++++

Since I run snow tires seasonally, my all-weather tires are getting thin, but I run them down to the wear bars (just need to be careful during heavy rain, now :p ). The service shops I visit keep trying to sell me more tires anyway but I resist. :mad:

PS: My gas mileage has been great in the past season with the old all-weathers, they are hard and offer little rolling resistance. :cool:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coral, I think you need to determine what you want your tires to do for you. :confused:

By that I mean, if you need to drive in wintry conditions (and you don't run dedicated winter tires) you MAY want to change yours just so that you will have more 'bite' in wet or snowy conditions. It's safer. And, it's YOUR call.
My main question - how many miles have the tires that came with your CRV lasted (assuming you are not switching them out in the winter).

I am not asking about switching them out or what I want my tires to do for me. I am just curious how long people are keeping their original tires on their CRV before they need replacement.

I am not in a position to store an extra set of tires all years - I don't have that type of storage.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
60k with my tyres and still ok for next year. I heard about max of 80k or 5-6 years.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Thanks - my OEMs with Toyota only lasted 3 years. I had put some Michelin's on after and got 6 years on them before I traded them in. You have far more miles than I do so there is hope! Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My 2014 has the original tires which also are Bridgestone. I am going to guess we have the same tire. Mine have 33,600 miles on then now. With the tread left, they should be good for another 25,000 miles minimum.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I have a 2016 with Bridgestones on it. It has 35,000 miles and the treadwear remaining measures 5/32 per the dealer last week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have original Bridgestones on mine and have 31k+ on them. Rears are approaching 3/32nds and that won't be good enough for winter driving. Not real impressed that they are going so quickly.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The Bridgestons that came on my 2012 AWD lasted 60,000 and had more miles in them. I put on new Michelins at that point as I had to do a major trip through snow country and did not want to take a chance. BTW: I had nothing but heartache with the Michelins (vibration issues) and which I had just put the same Bridgestones back on.

·
Registered
66 Posts
On my 2012 CRV AWD, I got about 29,000 out of the Bridgestones; went to Michelin Defenders and they lasted around 65,000 before I again got new Michelin Defenders.
OEM tires nowadays from Honda wear out quickly; on the older Accords the originals would go 50,000 miles

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone. Yea - I am a Michelin cheerleader! I have had great luck with them in the past.

My car will visit the shop at the end of December/first of January for its oil change so I will find out how my Bridgestones are aging.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
On my 2012 CRV AWD, I got about 29,000 out of the Bridgestones; went to Michelin Defenders and they lasted around 65,000 before I again got new Michelin Defenders.
OEM tires nowadays from Honda wear out quickly; on the older Accords the originals would go 50,000 miles
The OEM Bridgestones on my 2016 came with 10/32s on them and the identical replacement have 11/32s. You can get the OEM with 10/32s but they cost more than the regular replacement tires.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just posted in the tire/wheel section. My 2016 LX (bought new in June 2016) has 17K miles and my tire tread is down to 3/32. I'm not very happy about this, went to Honda dealer and found out the Continental (Crosscontact) warranty is not for tread life only defects. Honda didn't offer any discounts on new replacement tires and I guess they shouldn't be responsible for Continental's subpar performance. Oh well, I'll never buy Continentals again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't have a CR-V...but the Michelin All-Season tires I installed on my Honda Pilot are going on 5 years/60K+ miles, and still have plenty left of tread left.

We've had good luck with the Michelin brand on all our Hondas.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation. Yeah, I think I remember years back on my old CRV I bought Michelin's at Sam's Club and got really good long life out of them. I think I'll be installing Michelin's soon.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts