Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Update on my 2016 with Bridgestone Dualers. I have 41,000 miles on them and they are down to 4/32. I hope to get 50,000 out of them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just over 50k on a 2014 EX-L AWD and still not down to the wear marks. I drive aggressively. Live in the south now, last Winter I may have considered replacing them if I was in the north, but probably wouldn't have.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2015 original bridgestone at 47,900 still good. I do a lot of hwy driving back and forth to work. Was checking thread because wondering about tires myself since sales are going on now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2015 CRV with 36,000

To reply to Coral's original question. I have a 2015 CR-V with 36,000 and will need a new set all around early this fall. The original tires are Bridgestone Dueller H/P All-Season I believe (225/65R17) Treadwear is rated at 400/ Traction rated at A / and Temperature rated at B. Most of my driving is local with numerous stops. Since I purchased it, I have only been on one long distance trip to FL and back from the Northeast. I am just starting my research for new rubber. And my driving habits are like "a little old lady" :) I believe they are wearing prematurely but with a treadwear rating of 400, I guess that's to be expected.
So my question to Coral - your original post was November 2017. What tire did you decide to go with? Brand, model, etc??
Any info would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
To reply to Coral's original question. I have a 2015 CR-V with 36,000 and will need a new set all around early this fall. The original tires are Bridgestone Dueller H/P All-Season I believe (225/65R17) Treadwear is rated at 400/ Traction rated at A / and Temperature rated at B. Most of my driving is local with numerous stops. Since I purchased it, I have only been on one long distance trip to FL and back from the Northeast. I am just starting my research for new rubber. And my driving habits are like "a little old lady" :) I believe they are wearing prematurely but with a treadwear rating of 400, I guess that's to be expected.
So my question to Coral - your original post was November 2017. What tire did you decide to go with? Brand, model, etc??
Any info would be much appreciated.
Sorry for the delay. I haven't replaced the tires yet.

When I went in, they said I would be fine until the fall and to replace them before winter.

I am going to go with Michelin Defenders T+H. I called Honda to get a price (they said they would match anyone's price) and it was $900 or $904 or something like that. I did call a tire place (Jensen Tire) and they were about $30 less and had them in stock. Both told me to wait as Michelin runs $70 or $80 rebate every few months or so. Both of these were out the door prices with everything done.

So when speaking with Honda, they told me I should get the tires as they will rotate them, etc.. This makes no sense as I pay to have them rotate them at every oil change. Does this mean they will do it for free (I doubt it) or that they won't do it if I don't get my tires from them (I doubt that also). My first thought was to call around and get prices and then purchase them in a month or two. Honda dealership would need to order them, Jensen Tire said they had them in stock and could install them that day.

I work at a college and it is crazy so I just started the calls. I am 99% sure it will be with Michelin Defenders T+H. I am almost at 34K.

I live in Nebraska - hot summers, bad winters and strong rain storms.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The Bridgestons that came on my 2012 AWD lasted 60,000 and had more miles in them. I put on new Michelins at that point as I had to do a major trip through snow country and did not want to take a chance. BTW: I had nothing but heartache with the Michelins (vibration issues) and which I had just put the same Bridgestones back on.
Which Michelins did you put on? Just curious. I am looking at Defenders. A friend put Premier on and is pleased with those. He drives more on dirt than I do.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I am going to go with Michelin Defenders T+H. I called Honda to get a price (they said they would match anyone's price) and it was $900 or $904 or something like that. I did call a tire place (Jensen Tire) and they were about $30 less and had them in stock. Both told me to wait as Michelin runs $70 or $80 rebate every few months or so. Both of these were out the door prices with everything done.
Costco told me today that their Michelin sales start September 3rd. The price they mentioned was quite a bit less. They said their sales usually last 2 months. Right now, they are having another brand sale.

Also looking at Michelin Premier.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Costco told me today that their Michelin sales start September 3rd. The price they mentioned was quite a bit less. They said their sales usually last 2 months. Right now, they are having another brand sale.

Also looking at Michelin Premier.
If you are getting these at Costco, sometimes Costco will run a 1 cent installation/tire in conjunction with the $70 rebate. This will save you an additional $60 ($15/tire) installation fee.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If you are getting these at Costco, sometimes Costco will run a 1 cent installation/tire in conjunction with the $70 rebate. This will save you an additional $60 ($15/tire) installation fee.
I hope to! The guy at the counter mentioned it and told me to look out for it. I found another thread which makes it sound like it happens randomly? Or does it happen during a certain time period. One thread I read said they offered it 10 days out of the promo or something like that, almost like I don't know what days to expect it. Of course I read this after speaking with the guy so I didn't ask him more. I will ask more when I go in next.

I have decided on Defender.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
OK - I spoke with Costco today. Their penny installs are September 5th - 16th. So the Michelin $70 off will be then plus it will be .04 for installs instead of $59.99.

I had been researching Costco and Defenders and had found that Costco has their version of the Defender. They are Michelin X-Tour T+H AS. This version is $3-$4 off Defenders and are the same tire.

Right now, the cost is $770, the cost next month during the penny installs and sale will be $635 for me for 4 with the X-Tour.

My dealer wants $900.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For those who have the 2015 AWD CRV - at what mileage are you replacing your tires? I am approaching 30,000.
My Tires lasted 40K very disappointed! (BTW brakes only lasted 32K. I replaced them and then the calipers went at 38K) No where near the reliability of my 85 CRX or my 2000 CR-V

·
Registered
100 Posts
My 2016 CRV LX had Continentals Crosscontacts on them that were down to 3/32 at about 18K. I wasn't happy, Honda wouldn't do anything, finally found one of the national tire stores that went to the trouble to get me a credit with Continental, the store told me a different Continental they sold me would last close to 40K miles. Fast forward two years and 22K miles and the Continentals are now at 4/32. Take away is, don't buy Continentals.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i'm currently about 51K on my OE Duellers and feel like they still have a lot of life left in them; the only thing i don't like is the dry rotting on the side walls.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was surprised to hear my service advisor say my stock all-seasons are getting to a point where they are close to advising me to replace . I live in northern ontario canada and my winter tires are on for 5.5 months verses 6.5 months for the stock all-seasons .I only have approx 50,000 kilometers on the crv (2016 lx awd) so a rough estimate would be 30,000 kilometers on the all-seasons and 20,000 on my winter tires . Advising to replace with only approx 30,000 kilometers is a bad reflection on the quality stock tires on these models

I lease , so theres a certain amount of tread required to be left otherwise I'm on the hook for new all-seasons which would be ''a first'' .I dont have the number handy but I think i'm right at that required number and the tires are sitting in garage during winter so no additional wear until early May when I take off the winter wheels .

If you've read some of my past posts I'm considering buying out the lease because its actually a good deal . If I do , I'm going to get rid of the lx steel wheels/stock 16' tires and shop around for some tasteful alloy wheels and some above average all-seasons - likely up it to 17'' like the EX models of the same year .

·
Everything in Moderation
8,086 Posts
I was surprised to hear my service advisor say my stock all-seasons are getting to a point where they are close to advising me to replace .
He MIGHT just be trying to drum-up business...I've used tires 10,000 miles after that first suggestion from tire stores. (I used caution during rainstorms and other inclement weather conditions, tho')

Make sure your tires aren't wearing unevenly (as, on the hard-to-see inside edges). I was recently surprised by worn tire patterns on our sports car. :(

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Site sponsor @Discount Tire just posted something about "tires for lease returnees".

·
Registered
5 Posts
I replaced my stock 2015 CRV Touring @ 22k miles, mostly slow NYC driving. Right now I got the high mileage tires - Good Year Max Life and after 12k miles they're approaching 9/32, so I guess I'll get about 50-60k miles out of them.

edit: updated numbers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My main question - how many miles have the tires that came with your CRV lasted (assuming you are not switching them out in the winter).

I am not asking about switching them out or what I want my tires to do for me. I am just curious how long people are keeping their original tires on their CRV before they need replacement.

I am not in a position to store an extra set of tires all years - I don't have that type of storage.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts