Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Honda CRV EX
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having recently purchased a 2015 CRV EX as a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, I was surprised the dealership did not have one available! It is a requirement for a CPO vehicle, apparently. The salesman stated he would order one from Honda, but so far, I haven't heard anything back from either.

I also did some research and know you can purchase/download some of these from Helm Inc.

However, their listing is confusing for a number of reasons. First, what is the difference between an owners manualor guide? The detailed description gives no clue. In fact it's the same and a different price! What is a "PDI" checklist? Another item available but doesn't tell you what it is! All the detailed descriptions say the exact same thing for all items which is really unhelpful. If they were all the same then so would the prices be. And why would anyone buy a product if you cannot access detailed info on what is contained in inside?

So, I'm curious, when you purchased your CRV, what guides/manuals did it come with? I know that these vehicles have the Mx minder (MM) but being old-fashioned, I like having a book to keep with the vehicle and one which gives some guidance to service schedules and intervals. I don't even know if the online versions have this feature, so I'm not about to buy anything that I cannot "see" first. I guess I'll eventually hear from the dealer and/or Honda. The vehicle is only 14 months old and the original owner would have had something. No idea what happened to the original.......

Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 Honda CRV EX
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't pay anyone for it. It's available for free at owners.honda.com

If you're hoping for service/maintenance schedules, forget it. There isn't any.
Yes, I saw that.....a lot of pages, some of it not relevant.

Honda and the dealer owe me one, so I'll just wait. In the meantime, if there is anything specific, I'll look it up on line, thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So, I'm curious, when you purchased your CRV, what guides/manuals did it come with? I know that these vehicles have the Mx minder (MM) but being old-fashioned, I like having a book to keep with the vehicle and one which gives some guidance to service schedules and intervals. I don't even know if the online versions have this feature, so I'm not about to buy anything that I cannot "see" first. I guess I'll eventually hear from the dealer and/or Honda. The vehicle is only 14 months old and the original owner would have had something. No idea what happened to the original.......

Thanks.
When new, our '15 came with an Owner's Guide of 155 pages, and a 67 page "Consumer Information Booklet" that has a state-by-state summary of warranty rights. They were bundled with a CD-ROM with the stuff noted online and wrapped in a black cloth bound "holder" that includes room for cards and the like. On the outside is a small sticker with the VIN number.

So your ride shipped from the factory with starter stuff. The Owner's Guide noted above is (I think) a subset of the 533 page Owner's Manual and 247 page "Quick Reference Guilde" which specifically covers the entertainment, navigation (if any), bluetooth connectivity, etc. Yes, the oriiginal owner had something.

PDI = Pre Delivery Inspection, which I think I initialed the day of delivery and is likely buried with the rest of the paperwork from the purchase.
Kevin

·
Registered
774 Posts
My '13 came with about 5 different publications inc owner's manual (about 350 pages), state-by-state warranty rights, how to use the tech package, tire warranty info and something else. I assume some of that is now on your CD but the owner's manual is very helpful. Enjoy the ride. Craig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.