Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been here in quite awhile. I am now leasing a 2015 CR-V EX since I like to get new CR-V's every couple/few years :rolleyes: . I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere, but for some reason navigating this site takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Anyway ...

I decided to nix the satellite music radios since I can listen to either the music on my iPhone or Pandora. But there are issues with both that are fixing to have me signing up for Sirius again.

Music via my iPhone 6: When it connects it chooses the first song I have on my phone. I then select the playlist I want. Then, after turning off the car and getting back in later, it always goes back to that first song on my phone disregarding the selected playlist.

Music via Pandora: It usually connects okay in the morning when I get in to go to work. Once the car is turned off and I get back in, connecting again is sketchy. Sometimes I have to turn the radio power off, then on again and then it will pick it up. Doesn't matter if the app is open on my phone or not. And, whenever the car is turned on, the navi screen shows all the available audio choices and I have to select Pandora to see the song and artist. It used to not do this, but now it does every single time. It's like it has a mind of it's own!

Just one other thing. I've had the car since February and it wasn't until August that I realized the reason I'd never had a text show up on the navi screen was due to the settings. :mad: I actually only had one text come though before dropping satellite. I'm assuming that since Pandora or my phone uses bluetooth that's why I never get texts showing on the screen, correct?

If someone could shine some light on these issues, I'd appreciate it.

-Lisa

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am shocked Pandora doesn't work better. I have android and the basic stuff works, but I thought Honda loved Apple. Who is your phone carrier?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not sure about the Pandora issue, but I think the issue with the music on your iPhone is from closing out (swiping it away) iTunes on your phone after leaving your car. If your phone connects, you choose a playlist, drive/do your thing, turn off your car, and just leave iTunes open in the background on your phone, it should pause when your car turns off and should pick right up where you left off the next time your bluetooth connects. It doesn't seem to drain much of the battery at all to just be on in the background -- I never close mine anymore and haven't ever had an issue.

Give that a shot and see if it works.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm not sure about the Pandora issue, but I think the issue with the music on your iPhone is from closing out (swiping it away) iTunes on your phone after leaving your car. If your phone connects, you choose a playlist, drive/do your thing, turn off your car, and just leave iTunes open in the background on your phone, it should pause when your car turns off and should pick right up where you left off the next time your bluetooth connects. It doesn't seem to drain much of the battery at all to just be on in the background -- I never close mine anymore and haven't ever had an issue.

Give that a shot and see if it works.
I agree. This is how it works. Also as a side note if your iPhone has iOS 9.0 or newer, there really is no need to close apps in the background.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey all, I'm so sorry I haven't come back before now. Need to set myself some reminders! :eek:

Pandora - I opted to begin using my phone to listen to music. I've tried closing out the apps (swiping and closing) and it just seems to be hit or miss. With the phone, most of the time it will pick up on the song it left off on when I exited the car. Occasionally, it goes to the first song that's on the phone. I usually wait till it's all connected and change it back to the playlist of choice before I begin driving. I think I saw with the latest update (9.3), issues with Pandora and cars were supposed to be addressed. Haven't tried it yet.

Texts - Figured out if Pandora or my phone is playing music, then the bluetooth is tied up. I'm not crazy about texting and driving anyway, so if I absolutely need to see what a text says, I ask Siri to read it to me and answer back if need be.

As for the phone carrier, we switched to Cricket last year but have had no problems at all with anything, so I doubt it's that.

This is my third CRV and I opted to lease this one. Still have two years to go, but looking forward to having CarPlay on my next CRV! lol

Thanks for the responses - again sorry for not coming back sooner!

-Lisa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts