Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 CRV has just been serviced and I the dealer if my rear suspension was okay as it seemed to be riding lower. Dealer confirmed it was about 25mm lower than normal and suggested it may be because I had been towing. The car has never been used to tow anything and only rarely has rear seat passengers. Has anyone else encountered this?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Do you have a hitch installed?

I had a new '91 Civic DX HB with 24K that the right rear strut sank about 25mm (my dealership pointed it out to me) - it WAS within spec but they pointed it out to the 'District Manager (or some similar title)' when he came through about a month later.

He approved two new rear struts under warranty and created a life-long Honda buyer.

I would think you are out of warranty but you may have a route to ask politely for a 'second opinion' through Honda.

Come to think of it I had a similar issue with my '03 Element and after a few weeks a replacement pair was approved (sorry I cannot recall if I was within the warranty or not)

If Honda does not come through for you then if you decide to fix the issue you really should replace both rear struts at the same time.

Good luck to you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.