Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have had my 2015 Touring edition for about a year now, and have had an issue with the vehicle since I got it that seems to be getting worse over time. Occasionally, I'd say 1 out of every 4 or 5 times I start the car, I have a horrible delay with the right turn signal camera. When the signal is engaged (or the camera is manually turned on), there is about a 3 second delay where the screen goes black before the video appears. When the problem occurs, it continues to be an issue every time the camera comes on until the vehicle is completely turned off and back on. I mentioned this to my dealer, who was not able to replicate the problem, and they basically told me there was nothing they can do. While this may seems like a silly complaint, once you start getting used to using the camera, it becomes quite frustrating and possibly a little bit dangerous when you're in heavy traffic and look to the screen when changing lanes (in addition to the mirrors, of course). Has anyone else had this issue, or does anyone know of any TSB's regarding the problem?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
No problem with ours.

You really have to demonstrate your camera issue to the service manager and/or the Honda mechanic. They can't fix what does not appear to be broken. Of course you know that.

Why is it that 'we' have a problem and drive to the repair shop and everything is ok? Murphy's Law strikes again. BrianInMD, don't give up!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Many radio/display issues can be fixed by pulling the fuse to the radio/display for a few minute to force the computer to reset and reboot. Since the computer is powered up in standby mode when you turn off the vehicle.

The other choice is to disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and force all computers to reset. You will need to allow the vehicle to idle for 5 minutes to allow the computers to relearn the ILP (Idle Learn Procedure).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you happen to know which fuse that would be (as far as label)? I see one for audio, but with all of the display components, I'm not sure that it would be the same. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
BrianInMD I watched your video. Ok, the camera timed out quick. Check your setting for the Lane Watch Camera display. Without looking at the manual again I believe that there are 2 settings for how long the camera stays on. A short and a long setting. I changed mine to the longer setting and I like that a lot more. Take a look and see how yours is set.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is set to stay on longer. The issue is the 2-3 seconds of blank display when it engages. 4/5 times it is less than half a second. The other times, there is the long delay which, surprising to me, makes a big difference in rush hour traffic.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Yes, there should not be the delay you are experiencing. Hope you can demo that to the service manager, he needs convincing!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, everyone. I took it to the dealer where I was (!!!!!) able to demonstrate the problem! They have had it for 3 days, unable to make the issue occur, and are contacting Honda tech support. I'll update when I get more information.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I like these modern electronic creature comforts, but unfortunately I'm not certain I trust them to be as reliable as the mechanical parts. I never purchased an extended warranty until we got our new Pilot with computer display and cameras, when I felt all it would take is one failure to get a return on the investment.

Good luck, glad you were able to demonstrate the problem to the dealer... As you mentioned they are having trouble reproducing it and my luck would have been that it wouldn't do it if it knew it was being watched ;-) I would also be curious to know the result.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They tell me Honda support has seen a few cases of this and recommended a radio unit replacement. It has been ordered and will hopefully be installed next week. More updates to come.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for the update. Haven't noticed it on my touring model but will be on the lookout. Keep us updated if it fixed it or the issue returned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Display unit has been replaced. I'll update after I've had enough time to see if the problem is resolved.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts