Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share I just got the oem spoiler and cross bars installed, very happy with the end result. The dealer installed the spoiler but i watched them the whole time, was pretty surprised to see that the spoiler just goes over the third brake light that is already there and the old one is still inside. Then they just used the harness from that one for the spoiler. Cross bars I installed myself, just bolts on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Nice fit up! Compliments your CR-V!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Just wanted to share I just got the oem spoiler and cross bars installed, very happy with the end result. The dealer installed the spoiler but i watched them the whole time, was pretty surprised to see that the spoiler just goes over the third brake light that is already there and the old one is still inside. Then they just used the harness from that one for the spoiler. Cross bars I installed myself, just bolts on.
Looks good! But as another poster has mentioned, the width of the crossbars needs to be adjusted in some cases. This isn't covered by the instructions, but it involves loosening 3 T25 bolts on one side of each crossbar (a thread-lock compound seems to be used at the factory, so this isn't as easy as one would expect) to get the right fit. As the roof rail dimensions are the same on every Gen 4 CRV, I don't know why they can't be made to fit right from the box in all instances.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Are you sure you didn't doze off for awhile?????? I personally installed the spoiler and can tell everyone, it's not as simple as explained or your dealer cut corners on the install...... Did you notice them drill holes on top???? Install Velcro to both pieces???? Install a strip to seal off the old brake light and an additional wire harness????? They also reuse the old brake light for the spoiler. Not for the do it yourselfer ........ Instructions can be found on the Honda E store.....

Good luck

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Are you sure you didn't doze off for awhile?????? I personally installed the spoiler and can tell everyone, it's not as simple as explained or your dealer cut corners on the install...... Did you notice them drill holes on top???? Install Velcro to both pieces???? Install a strip to seal off the old brake light and an additional wire harness????? They also reuse the old brake light for the spoiler. Not for the do it yourselfer ........ Instructions can be found on the Honda E store.....

Good luck
Here is a link to the install instructions for the spoiler for the 2012-2015. I would agree, the 11 pages doesnt make it look as simple as originally described by the OP.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/crv/12tailgate.pdf

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't have five posts yet so can't post the link, but it's a video at college hills Honda. When I get up to five posts I'll put it up here.

Looks great, I plan on doing this diy. I'm very mechanically inclined and have installed many body kits in the past so for me it looks easy. I have the same white cr-v, looks great op.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Excellent! Well done!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I really like the rear spoiler and had planned on getting one for my Touring but when I saw the install procedure I couldn't justify it. I spend too much time wrenching on other cars to deal with spending hours to fit a rear spoiler. LOL!

It looks rad though, nice work!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts