Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hate the navigation in my new crv. Voice commands are like the old IBM's from 1992 and what not. Now the 2016 CES showed some nice new units with android auto.

Is it dumb to ditch the stock head unit which i paid dearly for in the Touring trim and get this aftermarket unit?

and an even bigger question does LANE WATCH work with aftermarket units?

·
Registered
579 Posts
So I hate the navigation in my new crv. Voice commands are like the old IBM's from 1992 and what not. Now the 2016 CES showed some nice new units with android auto.

Is it dumb to ditch the stock head unit which i paid dearly for in the Touring trim and get this aftermarket unit?

and an even bigger question does LANE WATCH work with aftermarket units?
Too late now, but doing a bit of research before would have saved you a lot of money.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I got the Touring model for all the safety features that you couldn't get in all the other trims. But i'm going to wait a couple years and get use out of the OEM unit before i put in a new aftermarket unit. Plus i figure someone (like metra) will have an aftermarket harness kit that will allow you to keep all your functions (clock, GPS, lane watch, backup camera, and steering wheel buttons) by then. Multimedia units will only get better and have more features by then too. CarPlay and Android Auto are still relatively new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I personally never drove a Japanese car before. I bought a 16 CRV touring on the advise of my father. That thing has all the amenities and safety features, but the integration is AWFUL. I drove and still drive M and AMG cars, but this change was to test one small SUV and give it to my daughter in six months. I will never ever get her to drive it. The whole system is designed to distract the driver from the task at hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts