Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - First post here, found the forum when I was trying to figure what the odd image is that flashes on the bottom of the info display. It's accompanied by a couple of beeps and a quick something on the display - is it some kind of driver alert warning? It seems to be random.

Another question I had - on my 2010 Ford Escape, when I am backing up and get close to something, i get a rapidly increasing beep. It's a great warning device if you're about to hit something that wasn't apparent. Why does the 2015 Touring CRV not have something as simple and basic as this? I think I heard it was added in the 2016 CRVs - is that right? Any way to get that feature added? The car seems to have sensors in the back. The sales guy said, "Honda doesn't work that way," and then we found out that the next month the 2016s had it... Grrr...

Also - there seems to be others who have blurry cameras - both backup and lane change cameras. Ours are not good. Anyone successful at getting them repaired/replaced. The lenses ARE clean...

We bought it new in 9/2015, and have about 18k miles on it.

Thanks!

Larry

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,065 Posts
Larry: I’m only guessing about your first comment but since you have sensing you’re seeing a reminder to stay in your marked lane.
16’s don’t have rear parking sensors.
Both camera are clear on my 16 Touring. The tailgate camera does benefit from a quick wipe clean periodically. I’ve never looked at parking sensors on the Honda accessory list but perhaps they offer them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Rocky - thanks for responding. I am fairly sure it isn't the Lane Keeping Assist or Lane Departure warning. It shows up randomly, sometimes at low speeds (too low for those features). It MIGHT be a picture of a steering wheel with hands on it - but it flashes so quickly that it's hard to tell.

I will have to have the dealer check my cameras - wiped or not, they are a bit blurry.

I've been reading about parking sensors as a dealer-installed option. I might look into this, but I gather that it's a bit pricey.

Again, thanks for replying!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, Rocky - thanks for responding. I am fairly sure it isn't the Lane Keeping Assist or Lane Departure warning. It shows up randomly, sometimes at low speeds (too low for those features). It MIGHT be a picture of a steering wheel with hands on it - but it flashes so quickly that it's hard to tell.

I will have to have the dealer check my cameras - wiped or not, they are a bit blurry.

I've been reading about parking sensors as a dealer-installed option. I might look into this, but I gather that it's a bit pricey - Yup, about $800 installed. Ooof - I wish they had told me when we bought the CRV that it was an option. I would have sprung for it in a minute.

Again, thanks for replying!

·
Registered
283 Posts
The camera on my daughter's 2013 was clear this past summer, but has gotten progressively more blurry and 'foggy'. It's now pretty much useless. Like pea-soup fog in there.

I had it at Honda two days ago and they are ordering a replacement. 39530-T0A-A01, $296 for the part plus an hour or so to pull the interior panel, remove the garnish and replace the camera. I have a HondaCare 7/100/$0 policy on the car, and yet they still gave me a hard time about going after coverage. I also noted a drivers side transmission output shaft leakage when I was putting on the winter tires. Again, they will get the seal for me but kept insisting it wasn't a covered repair. Huh??? I see a meeting with the Service Manager in my near future....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi - First post here, found the forum when I was trying to figure what the odd image is that flashes on the bottom of the info display. It's accompanied by a couple of beeps and a quick something on the display - is it some kind of driver alert warning? It seems to be random.

Another question I had - on my 2010 Ford Escape, when I am backing up and get close to something, i get a rapidly increasing beep. It's a great warning device if you're about to hit something that wasn't apparent. Why does the 2015 Touring CRV not have something as simple and basic as this? I think I heard it was added in the 2016 CRVs - is that right? Any way to get that feature added? The car seems to have sensors in the back. The sales guy said, "Honda doesn't work that way," and then we found out that the next month the 2016s had it... Grrr...

Also - there seems to be others who have blurry cameras - both backup and lane change cameras. Ours are not good. Anyone successful at getting them repaired/replaced. The lenses ARE clean...

We bought it new in 9/2015, and have about 18k miles on it.

Thanks!

Larry
My cameras are blurry too. I thought it was just me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.