Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the Navigation update for the 2015 CR-V comes on a USB drive. Does it plug into one of the USB ports in the console?

·
Registered
488 Posts
No it plugs in the USB port above the glove box on the right side. and you remove it after the 20 minute upload finished ( engine has to be running to upload it ).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it plugs in the USB port above the glove box on the right side. and you remove it after the 20 minute upload finished ( engine has to be running to upload it ).
Thanks. I just went out and checked the glove box and for the life of me I cannot find the USB port above the glove box. Is it just a port or is there a cable that drops down?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2015 Touring did not have a USB port in the glove box. I installed the update using one of the ports in the center console.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is this a software update or just a Map update?

I hate the interface on the Nav now. The fact that you cant manually enter an address, without using at some voice control is maddening.

·
Registered
488 Posts
For the 2013 Navi it is just a Map update - it did change US71 to Interstate 49 - that is the only change I have found.

I have the 2016 update on my EX-L Navi - it still shows me driving thru fields on highways that have been there for ages (one section of old US 60 in Neosho Mo from the 1920's is still there but is a field on the navi code) but the free Android App MAPS.ME is what I use when I want to go somewhere new - the maps seem to be current and seem to be updated about every two weeks.

I will never buy another Honda with Navi as it is such a terrible implementation probably caused by Lawyers and the US Court system where everyone sues everyone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is this a software update or just a Map update?

I hate the interface on the Nav now. The fact that you cant manually enter an address, without using at some voice control is maddening.
Tabor, which year/version of Nav does your hate relate to? I have CRV Touring 2015 and it allows to enter address from the on-screen keyboard when the car is not in motion. Yes, only voice entry when moving. I am concerned about upgrade (it's been 3 years already) knowing some "improvement" could have been implemented and things would be worse than before. Did you ever upgrade, or do you know anyone who did? There is new version offered now (2018 Pink USB Map Update vC.GO 140) and I wasn't able to find what has changed, let alone public review of this particular version...
Anyone?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts