Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is probably an incredibly simple answer to this, but i'm stumped.

I purchased two 2015 Touring CRVs this week, to replace our 12yo Toyotas. They are identical, except for the colors.

On one of them, the two display screens automatically dim when the headlights come on. (which I love) On the other car, it always stays at full brightness. (unless I adjust the knob on the dash, manually) It's very distracting at night to have it bright.

Is there a setting or knob somewhere so this will happen automatically, as it does on our other car?

Thanks in advance
Rhody

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem for months. Figured it out today - with the car running rotate the trip selection stick on by the speedometer. The one that is stuck is probably set to full on, take it down a notch and it should be good.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying, Applejuice23.

I'll give it another try, but I'm pretty sure I have it set at about 40% brightness all the time right now - because of the issue.

I appreciate the reply

Rhody

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That didnt work. I re-read the manual again, today, too. Maybe I'll call the dealer.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This appears to be resolved, and this thread can be zapped if desired.

It appears that the dimming works with TWO conditions. One being the headlights being turned on and off, and #2 that there is a light sensor that must also be triggered. When trying it in my garage turning lights on and off, the garage light was fooling it to think we were in daylight. When trying it out in the driveway, the sun was doing the same. With the knob turned down some, it seems to be working fine at night now. It also happened this morning, when I went through a tunnel.

Thanks to all who read. Sorry to waste your time! :)

Still learning,
Rhody

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, this thread helped me. I did not know that the trip select stick even rotated at all. Now i see how it affects dash lite brightness. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Hey, don't feel bad. We are always learning! Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts