Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had a problem with their Touring (or and other option level) moving back and forth on grooved concrete. Mine tosses your head side to side driving down the highway. I know the tires are different on the Touring. I tried adding three extra pounds to each tire (above the recommended 32 front and 30 back) however it did not make any difference.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Has anyone else had a problem with their Touring (or and other option level) moving back and forth on grooved concrete. Mine tosses your head side to side driving down the highway. I know the tires are different on the Touring. I tried adding three extra pounds to each tire (above the recommended 32 front and 30 back) however it did not make any difference.
If the hwy is grooved or if you're going over a draw bridge that is grated for instance, your vehicle will move side to side. We have a grated draw bridge where I live and the V moves side to side a bit, however my Civic gets tossed around. It's actually a bit nerve racking but completely normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tracking addition

Thanks for the information. I forgot to mention I have a 97 CRV with 185000 miles on it which exhibits none of the tracking problem, however the tire size etc. is different. I thought I had a flat tire the first time it started moving back and forth.

·
Registered
579 Posts
That's because your '97 is too old and tired to do anything abnormal like tossing your head side to side. Takes smart vehicles with modern technology and oodles of safety features to do that. :)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
You have experienced normal behavior for that type of road surface. And, concrete, blacktop, gravel; your vehicle will perform differently on each one.
Cheers!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine does that now but it didn't do at first and neither do older CRVs. This CRV seems to have some steering issues that may be related to the EPS or VSA. Its not normal for your car to whip you back and forth. There are steering complaints on NHTSA.gov. Check them and file a complaint with Honda and the NHTSA.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Currently have a 2015 Honda CRV Touring AWD with just over 13k miles and it is pulling to the left while accelerating. This issue is also documented on the NHTSA.gov. The steering is a bit loose and you have to give more input to one side vs another. Sometimes it gets heavy on some turns as if the power assist turns off. I am currently in arbitration for this and the vibration problem as it has had numerous "fixes" and a district manager that acknowledged the issue but it still pulls left. Alignments, tire pressue check, tire changes, brakes, suspension, code, sensor checks, etc, etc. It seems like it might be an issue with the Motion-Adaptive Electric Power Steering (EPS), or VSA , AWD cars. I recommend you document all of your visits, even test drives with service advisors, log phone calls and make sure service records state what you reported, what work was done, what was noticed on test drives. I have met with District Parts and Service Manager, filed with Honda Customer Service, sent certified letters and all have resulted in the same response. This is a characteristic of the vehicle. Make sure to file these problems/complaints with Honda Customer Service 1-800-999-1009 and the NHTSA https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/ so the government takes notice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I love that this is a Problem and Issues Forum but for some reason there are always people volunteering to say, you should know there are no problems with my car or if you have questions one option should be ... no problems for a CRV. And whatever you say, YES I BELIEVE HONDA PAYS PEOPLE TO POST HERE... because they also say Honda monitors these forums.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts