Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, this is my first post on this site so I am hoping that I don't break any rules. The reason for my post is that I need a little information on the Honda CRV 2015, an SUV which I am hoping to purchase next year. I have been doing a lot of research on the internet and when reading costumer reviews noticed that many people are complaining about the vibration coming from that SUV (most of those reviews were coming from the USA). I also read that Honda issued a service bulletin (#15 046) to fix the problem. I am wondering if any owners of a 2015 CR V on this site have had that problem and if so If they were satisfied with the fix Honda offered via their service bulletin? Finally I am also curious to know if any 2016 crv model owners had the same vibration problem?

Thank you in advance for ant reply to provide me with the information requested.

M

·
Registered
381 Posts
Welcome!

There is actually a whole thread dedicated to that topic, here: http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/14-problems-issues/63138-2015-honda-cr-v-vibration-idle-391.htm

There was a problem with the current generation that some people experienced, and they issued the fix you mentioned last fall. The 2016 branded vehicles already have this fix pre-installed, and it's free for anyone with a 2015 branded vehicle who has the issue. Although many people have had one of the vibrations described in the TSB, I have opted NOT to get it applied for our vehicles because it is very minor in our case. (a very slight vibration, sometimes, at a stop light, if all electronics are turned off. our family has two 2015 tourings, both purchased 6 months ago) For some people, it was much worse. Most who needed and got the fix are happy now, but some still have complaints that it still exists or that the dealer didnt do it right. There are even some 2016 owners who claim they have the issue. Due to the nature of forums, I think we mostly hear from the small percentage that do or did have an issue. But it IS real and there IS a fix, if you have it. You should be able to tell with a test drive, if the engine is warm and you have radio/heat/cell phone charger off and stop at a light. If it idles down to about 550, this is where the rough idling can sometimes be felt. (mode 1 is most mentioned on the forum) The fixes include changing out some mounts, changing the harmonics by adding weights to headrests and the tailgate, and a software update that changes how it behaves. (which lowers 1mpg)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts