Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Touring model. Every year for the past four years I've had to replace my battery. I heard that there may be an issue with the software discharging the battery. Has anyone else had this issue? Was there a recall for this issue, if so? What options do I have besides replacing the battery every year? Thank you.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,172 Posts
Search the

section here. There is a TSB about the 2012s, then I couldn't find anything else due to Forum issues, sorry.

Otherwise, have the dealer or an independent shop check for a parasitic drain.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,577 Posts
First you need to determine if there is an abnormal current draw on the battery while the vehicle is parked. Some components in the vehicle may not be going to sleep when parked. Your dealer can determine this or if you're electrically inclined you can do this.
Then if the vehicle remains parked for long periods and/or driven repeatedly for only short distances, this can prevent the battery from fully charging which greatly shorten battery life.

If your vehicle is parked for long periods and you don't have any abnormal current draw you can use a battery smart charger/maintainer to keep the battery charged up while not in use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts