Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I programmed my 2016 CR-V EX-L to auto lock all doors. Now the problem is the following:
1. While the engine was on (or the accessory power was on), I stepped out of the car and closed the door.
2. The doors auto lock in about 30 seconds.
At that point, there is no way to unlock the doors. Pressing the unlock button on the remote control didn't have any effect. Luckily, when I was trying all the settings, I had the window rolled down, so, I was able to unlock it from the window. Isn't that dangerous if I go on a trip, step out of the door and it locks and there is no way to unlock it while the engine is still running?
Did anyone experience the same issues?

Thanks,

·
Registered
191 Posts
I only have it set to lock the doors when i go over a certain speed but if i get out of the car while the engine is running then it just beeps at me like a crazy woman.

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L AWD
344 Posts
Don't leave your car without the key fob then. I keep my keys with me all the time so its not an issue. Isnt that the whole point of having keyless entry, so you don't have to take the key out and put it in the ignition. The key stays with you in your pocket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts