Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 with 70,000 miles. Almost every day, the compass goes through a re-calibrating. Is it broken or do they really have to re-calibrate? I am retiring in July and I am going to buy an HR-V but what can I do about the compass?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
11,826 Posts
Whups, just saw this, so moving it to the appropriate Generation section for a response. o_O

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,511 Posts
2016 with 70,000 miles. Almost every day, the compass goes through a re-calibrating. Is it broken or do they really have to re-calibrate? I am retiring in July and I am going to buy an HR-V but what can I do about the compass?
I'm guessing that your trim level didn't have the built in navigation. If that is true than the problem is the compass module is bad. You have two options, replace the module or disconnect the module. If you disconnect the module the calibration message will stop and the compass indicator will disappear from the display.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,044 Posts
I have a 16 Touring. Only time it ever did that was after I replaced the battery....

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,988 Posts
My 2013 CRV does that most of the time. My suggestion is you ignore it but if you must fix it you will have to pull the headliner to replace it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The compass unit is bad, had the same exact problem on my 2014 CRV..

The dealer will need to get into the antenna, involves pulling the headliner back at the back and r&r the compass unit....

pretty common as these age....so I am told

1 - 7 of 7 Posts