Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of purchasing a 2016 CR-V EX-L with or without Navigation.

I would like responses from owners of the 2016 as to likes/dislikes and/or problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
On my last 2 cars, (2011 Kia Optima EX and 2016 CRV EX-L) I went out of my way to find the features I wanted without navigation. A "refurbished" Garmin 5" screen with lifetime maps is slightly over $100 (same warranty as new and I think they are just overproduction) which is much cheaper than just one map update. ON the EX-L, I fabricated a mount out of a cup that sits in the front cup holder and is plugged into the console plug. It works with the ignition and I have been happy with it. If you look at used cars with built in navigation, you will find the maps outdated and they don't work as well as the newer Garmin units. Many of them are not very useful. My friend has a late model BMW X5 with navigation and he uses a portable Garmin in his car because it works better than his factory installed unit.

·
Registered
579 Posts
If you end up getting one with navigation, you can forever state that you have a 2016 CRV EX-L with Nav. That is the only advantage. :D

Big changes in 2017.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts