Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, bought a used 2016 Honda CR-V EX AWD from a private party. he had installed LED headlights (low beams) in it. Love the lights but think the beam could be lowered down just a bit
I see the adjustment screw on the back side of head lights for up/down. Looks like you can use a philips screw driver or a 10 MM socket on the bolt.
Can anybody tell me which way, looking at the back side of the head light, I would have to turn the bolt to lower the beam (Counterclockwise/Clockwise??)
Thanks!
Mike

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,146 Posts
Counterclockwise to lower, IIRC. On the '06, there are gears that allow you to crank the screw from the top...

But, why not just have the headlights shining on a wall when you adjust? If it helps you, a piece of masking tape to indicate the beginning position will help assure that you don't over-react. (As you back away from the wall, the beam pattern should stay at the same area or go down very slightly.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike

Counterclockwise to lower, IIRC. On the '06, there are gears that allow you to crank the screw from the top...

But, why not just have the headlights shining on a wall when you adjust? If it helps you, a piece of masking tape to indicate the beginning position will help assure that you don't over-react. (As you back away from the wall, the beam pattern should stay at the same area or go down very slightly.)

·
Registered
255 Posts

Yes. Only change low beam head light "aim" while pointing at flat garage door or flat building wall. When adjusting, do make the driver's side a little lower compared to its passenger side aim. Thus, reducing the risk of blinding oncoming traffic even more. And, having driver's side lower also compensates for the crown shape of many paved roads. re: Your vehicle is on slight lean (stance on the road) but both low beams are at level aim (pointing to on coming traffic).

Hope this helps...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts