Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here & to forums in general.

Anywho - I'm having an issue with my CRV, it's driving me a little crazy.

A few months back, my drive belt burned off because the idler pulley locked up. Got that fixed now ever since then randomly the car wont crank. Battery & alternator meter out as expected - yet I'll randomly have to get boosted for it to start. Pretty much every time I do start it, it starts rough. Other times it takes a second or two for it to actually turn over. When it's cold outside, it's exaggerated. Literally just at around freezing, I know the factory battery doesn't have the highest cold cranking amps but I bought the car new & haven't had any issues until the drive belt incident.

Any insight is helpful!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,199 Posts
There are so many battery topics here...not much extra capacity on the factory batteries.

You probably need a new battery. The drive belt issue could have caused a deeper discharge than normal, and that could have reduced the existing battery's reserve power.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Its probably time for a new battery ; especially if you live in colder climate . I asked my honda service advisor to install the best one they have that fits in the slot of the crv battery area since I'm now in the 4th winter .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, new here & to forums in general.

Anywho - I'm having an issue with my CRV, it's driving me a little crazy.

A few months back, my drive belt burned off because the idler pulley locked up. Got that fixed now ever since then randomly the car wont crank. Battery & alternator meter out as expected - yet I'll randomly have to get boosted for it to start. Pretty much every time I do start it, it starts rough. Other times it takes a second or two for it to actually turn over. W
Its probably time for a new battery ; especially if you live in colder climate . I asked my honda service advisor to install the best one they have that fits in the slot of the crv battery area since I'm now in the 4th winter .
  1. As a foundation it's important to have a good set of spark plugs that helps a motor efficiently start better

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,199 Posts
  1. As a foundation it's important to have a good set of spark plugs that helps a motor efficiently start better
If rough running was the complaint I would agree. Often, old plugs (too wide a gap) or the wrong type of plug (Platinum VS Iridium) will cause rough running when cold, but not set a CEL.

Could be 'The Perfect Storm'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts