Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all . a bit frustrated here. Car would not turn off even with key out. I have a dealer installed remote start. I phoned dealer and he helped get car turned off by using key and putting car in drive then park then turn off. But head lights would not work. High beams work. CR-V only has about 200 miles on it. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Any ideas ?
Bring it back to the dealer asap! :) But really, those things can get complicated and they're all different so it would be difficult to point you to anything specific to check, not to mention you shouldn't have to and if you touched anything the dealer could come back at you and say you broke it! Good luck, hope you get it resolved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got home from dealer and found out they did NOT install a factory honda remote starter. The one they install is called "PURSUIT". They offer to fix the problem but I think they should remove the after market remote and install a honda factory remote starter. I paid $499.00. Am I right to demand that they install the honda remote start??? Is it okay to mention the dealership here so others can be aware of their practice??? Thank You!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just got home from dealer and found out they did NOT install a factory honda remote starter. The one they install is called "PURSUIT". They offer to fix the problem but I think they should remove the after market remote and install a honda factory remote starter. I paid $499.00. Am I right to demand that they install the honda remote start??? Is it okay to mention the dealership here so others can be aware of their practice??? Thank You!
It's all going to depend on what's in your contract. Does it state "Honda Factory Remote Start"? If not... you're out of luck if the dealership is sleazy. BTW the Pursuit remote start retails for $129.99... they made a fat profit.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
It's all going to depend on what's in your contract. Does it state "Honda Factory Remote Start"? If not... you're out of luck if the dealership is sleazy. BTW the Pursuit remote start retails for $129.99... they made a fat profit.
Tiggy’s probably right about what’s in the contract, but as far as the starting price of $129.99, there are other parts required for the install, and of course they have to ad markup price. Nobody works for free.

As long as they get it working correctly, hopefully that will be the end of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After some heated talk with the finance director , he agreed to install a factory Honda remote starter. The next day I brought it to the service center to have it installed. The Director at the service department said the CRV LX model can't be fitted with Honda Remote. He said only CRV's EX and above can be fitted with the factory remote. He said that he could schedule the same independent installer to either fix the one in there now, or he could have him remove the remote starter and give me a refund.
After all the trouble with this remote starter, I decided to have it removed . Its not worth the trouble it has caused me.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sorry it didn't work out, but I think you made the right decision... Seems there are more than a few posts in this forum where these aftermarket starters and security systems fail down the road causing a lot of strange problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts