Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I just got a new phone, not my first android, and I can pair my phone to my 2016 Honda CRV EX-L (Touring Edition). If I try and hold the Voice Recognition button on the steering wheel, a message comes up and says this smartphone is not compatible. Also none of my contacts (which have no pictures) are ever downloaded, and I have to go into the phone settings to actually dial a number or pick up my phone and dial. Kind of defeats the purpose of hands-free.

Is anyone else having this issue or are aware of certain android phones which are not compatible? Or is there some setting I am missing, either on my phone or with my CR-V?

If I manually call from phone or if someone calls me, bluetooth will work and also I have no issues receiving text messages or replying via bluetooth.

It is a SM-G930W8 model running Nougat (7.0)

·
Registered
265 Posts
The long press of the voice button is only for iphones. Really stupid, but . . .

With respect to downloading contacts, you probably missed a permission request when you paired the phone. Delete and repair.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have Lg g5 with android 7 long press work as intended. In order to make it work connect your phone with cable and run android auto before you start using it

Pookh007

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have Lg g5 with android 7 long press work as intended. In order to make it work connect your phone with cable and run android auto before you start using it

Pookh007
OP is asking about a 2016. Totally different infotainment system.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
The long press of the voice button is only for iphones. Really stupid, but . . .

Is that really true? Is that documented anywhere? I really miss having the ability to trigger voice commands without taking the phone out of my pocket. My $200 aftermarket stereo did this flawlessly on my 2004 CRV..

·
Registered
265 Posts

Is that really true? Is that documented anywhere? I really miss having the ability to trigger voice commands without taking the phone out of my pocket. My $200 aftermarket stereo did this flawlessly on my 2004 CRV..
Owner's manual. The lack of reference to anything other than iPhone and Siri are not by accident.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts